CHAPTER TWO

It was a quiet walk back from the woods. It’s true that talking can be overrated at times, some moments are perfect, and you don’t even have to say a word.

I held onto Becky’s hand as we walked, and we ignored the splashes around us as the rain began. A light sprinkle at first, just enough to cool us off. Then it seemed all at once the floodgates opened and before we knew it our clothes were soaked and clinging to our skin. We didn’t quicken our pace though, if anything we slowed, just to prolong the moment.

            I glanced at her as we made it to my yard, and we both smiled. Reading each other’s thoughts, we dropped our hands and started twirling in the rain, laughing at our childish antics. Turning my face up to the sky, I closed my eyes tightly and caught a few rain drops in my mouth. Not as good as snowflakes, but it is the middle of summer, and I’m not picky.

            We twirled a few moments more before we pulled each other close and began spinning together. At first it was all a rush to see how fast we could go, and giggling as we tried not to slip on the wet grass. Then we gradually slowed, and while staring into her eyes, I couldn’t stop myself from kissing her. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that we shouldn’t, not here. But I didn’t care. I placed my hands on either side of her face and pulled her to me. The sparks I feel each time we touch was ignited as her lips met mine. I could no longer taste the wine as my tongue massaged hers. Velvet against velvet, soft and slow as I continued exploring her delicious mouth. 

All thought was lost as we held on to each other, her arms around me, and my hands stroking the wet hair from her face. Our teasing kiss seemed endless, grazing over teeth, nibbling on lips, enjoying the sensations. Not really trying to make it last, but just couldn’t pull away. And we didn’t want to.

We were oblivious to the world, lost in each other. Until the storm around us let off a loud blast of thunder that seemed to shake even the air. Instead of clinging this time, I screamed and ran for the cover and safety of my front porch. Grabbing hold on one of the posts with a tight grip, as if my life depended on it.

Becky, seeming unfazed by the sound, resumed her twirling dance in the rain. I couldn’t move, I didn’t want to, I just watched her. She is so beautiful. Lightening would strike and light up her features, it made her appear almost like she was glowing. I could still make out the color of her eyes, even in the dense light. Her green eyes always did shine bright. Her lips glistened, splashed with rain drops, and I watched as her tongue unconsciously licked the droplets away. The shirt she wore clung to her curves, and I followed it down to her flat belly. I thought about how just the week before we were shedding our clothes, tossing them in random directions, in an attempt to get closer. I moaned, thinking about how that one night was so unbelievably hot, in more ways than one.

My thoughts refused to be act innocent. I wanted to strip her wet clothes off and lay down with her on the wet grass. The rain pelting us from all angles, I bet we wouldn’t even notice the rain after a while. It would be just us, tangled together, our slippery bodies rolling around in the grass. Caressing, trailing fingers across soft skin, our lips having no boundaries, allowing us to feel all the pleasure we know we can bring each other.

The temptation was too much, but before I could say anything, my front door banged open behind me.

“Lisa, get inside,” my mom stood in the doorway, glaring down at the girl dancing on our front lawn.

And I watched as Becky stopped dancing, and quickly glanced down at her own feet. I wanted to go to her, but something in my mom’s voice told me she was upset. Angry at me for some reason, I wasn’t sure why. So I mumbled a goodnight, still staring at her, hoping to catch her eye. But she wouldn’t look up. I turned around and walked to the door, pushing past my mom as I went.