On the Edge Part 5(Shay's pov)

I lead Duncan and I onto  the roof, keeping my gun trained in him. 

"Turn around!" I yell at Duncan.

Duncan slowly turns toward me still keeping his hands up. Duncan looks at me pleading eyes. 

"Please don't kill me. I made a mistake." Duncan says. 

"SHUT UP! Making a mistake is getting a speeding ticket. A mistake is accidentally getting a girl knocked up. What's not a mistake is kidnapping your son and killing him! Not to mention dumping his body in the exact place where you ruined his mother's life!" I say walking toward him. 

"I didn't mean to kill him." Duncan says walking backwards when I walked closer to him. 

"So you accidentally stabbed YOUR SON in the stomach and didn't even get medical assistance for him? What happened? WHAT HAPPENED?!" I yell. 

"I was bringing Alexander dinner, I brought him a treat. It was a steak. I was trying to cut the steak and he head butted me. He took the knife and cut his restraints. We fought for the knife and my mind was blurry, once I had the knife in my hand I just stabbed him. Then I had realize what I had done. I held his hand when he took his breath. The only reason I'm still here because Alexander wanted me to tell his mother something. I plan to keep that promise, it's the least I could do." Duncan explained. 

"What happened when Lane came back?" I ask. 

"He brought his clean up crew, cleaned the blood and knife. Grabbed his body and dumped him. I didn't know they were gonna dump him at the day care." Duncan says crying. 

"Why did you do it? You could've just ask to see him!" I yelled. 

"I made a mistake. I'm paying for it everyday. Arrest me. I think it's time for me to pay for my mistakes." Duncan says.

"No. You deserve to feel what Alexander and Ms. Maroon felt. I'm gonna make sure your never hurt that woman's heart ever again." I say as I grab Duncan's shirt and leaning him on the edge of the roof with my gun right under his chin. 

"Do it. I know deserve it." Duncan says closing his eyes. 

I close my eyes as tears start running down my cheeks. I take the safety off my gun. 

"This is for you Alexander." I whisper as I put my finger on the trigger. 

I hear the door slam open. 

"Shay!" Erin yells storming in with Hank and Antonio. 

"Get outta here, Erin. This is between me and him." I say opening my eyes. 

"Shay, this won't change anything." Hank says walking toward me. 

"Stop. Take one more step, I'm gonna lose it. Just, stop." I say. 

"Look, Shay, you don't gotta listen to us. I'm gonna hand you your cellphone, just listen okay?" Antonio says. 

I nod my head. Antonio places the cellphone on my ear. 

"Hello?" I say into my phone. 

"Leslie, it's Gabby. Are you okay?" Gabby says. 

"I'm okay, I think." I say. 

"Okay. You know that you don't  want to do this." Gabby says.

"I do. There needs to be justice for Alexander and his mother." I say. 

"We're going to leave that to the Justice System, Leslie. Just put the gun down and pull Duncan up." Gabby says.

"I can't do that, Gabby. I have to do this." I say. 

"Look down, Leslie." Gabby says. 

I move Ducan to the side a little revealing Gabby standing on the sidewalk looking up at me. 

"What are you doing here, Gabby?! I don't want you to see my like this." I yell. 

"I'm with you through the long haul. If your gonna do this, Leslie, I want you to do it looking at me. I want you to do it in front of me, can you do that? Can you end someone's life in front of me? Knowing we try to avoid ending life but to save life? Knowing your breaking my heart into millions of pieces doing this? Knowing we could of avoided all of this? Knowing Alexander wouldn't want you to do this? Just put the gun down,  pull him up Leslie, and walk away. Please." Gabby pleads. 

"Okay. I'm sorry Gabby." I say crying. 

"It's okay, Leslie. You did good, Leslie. You did good." Gabby says. 

Antonio pulls the phone away from me. I let out a huff if air as soon as pull the gun away from Duncan and put the safety back on. Antonio pulls Duncan from the edge and Erin pulls me away. 

"Charles Duncan, your under arrest for the kidnapping and murder of Alexander Maroon." Antonio says as he handcuffs Duncan. 

We all make our way to the streets where Chicago Police Officers surround the street and where Gabby waits for me. Gabby runs toward me and engulfs me into a hug. 

"I'm sorry, Gabby." I sob into her raven hair. 

Gabby shushes me and rubs my back. 

"It's okay, Leslie. It's okay." Gabby repeats on. 

Caught up in the moment we don't realize Antonio had walked up toward us. Antonio clears his throat. 

"Shay, we need to go. Ms. Maroon is going to meet us at the District. I think it would be best if you tell her." Antonio says. 

"Yeah, I'll tell her." I say pulling away from Gabby wiping my eyes. 

Antonio nods and walks to our car. I turn back towards Gabby. 

"Can we meet later?" I ask. 

"Yeah. My place." Gabby says. 

I nod my head and walk away from Gabby to Antonio. I get into the car and sigh. We drive to the district together in silence, when we arrive Ms. Maroon is standing in front of the District. The same moment I get out of the car, a squad car pulls up to the district. The same squad car carrying Duncan. That's when hell broke loose. They pull Duncan out of the squad car. 

"You have the right to remain silence. Anything you say or do will be used in the court of law. If you cannot afford-." A fellow officer restates but is cut off when Duncan speaks up. 

"Lisa." Duncan says looking toward Ms. Maroon.

"Charles, you did this. You ruined my life. Why couldn't you just change your life style? Why did you kill my baby? WHY?! YOU BASTARD! YOU BASTARD! Why? Why? You should've killed me! I kept him from you! Why didn't you kill me?" Ms. Maroon cries as she attacks Duncan. 

Antonio and I run toward her. I grab Ms. Maroon from behind pulling her back. 

"I didn't mean to kill Alexander, Lisa. It was a mistake! I didn't want to hurt anyone! I was going to let him go when he finally understood!" Duncan says. 

Ms. Maroon let's out a painful sob. 

"Get him outta here!" Antonio yells. 

"I love you, Lisa! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to kill our baby boy!" Duncan yells as he gets dragged into the precinct. 

Ms. Maroon grips on my shirt and sobs painfully. 

"My baby. My baby Alex. No. No." Ms. Maroon repeatedly said as she sobbed. 

We sit their on the sidewalk as Ms. Maroon continues to sob and sob. It had ended. Finally.