05

The two boys sat in the dim light of the elevator, both too absorbed in their own thoughts. It had been thirty minutes since their awkward encounter. Thirty minutes since Seungcheol pulled that prank on him, which Jeonghan didn't want to enjoy, but did.

He leaned against the metal wall, hugging himself as he did so. It was cold, they had barely any food left and help wasn't going to arrive anytime soon. As much as Jeonghan wanted to go pee, he couldn't. And he knew that he better not pee inside the elevator, not wanting to sit in his own pee for the next four to three hours. He also had to think about Seungcheol, who would probably be disgusted if he peed in the elevator.

"Are you cold?" Seungcheol noticed as the younger shivered, trying to get as much of his own body warmth as he could. The boy was just wearing a simple sweater, so it didn't surprise Seungcheol as he saw him freezing.

"It's like we are in the Arctic." Jeonghan murmured.

He hadn't foreseen what Seungcheol was about to do. If he had, then he might have lied and said that he wasn't cold. Seungcheol grabbed Jeonghan, pulling him closer to him for the nth time that day. But this time, he put his arms around Jeonghan, pressing him to his chest while putting his head on top of Jeonghan's head, trying to get a good sniff out of his hair again. The smell of his hair really amazed Seungcheol.

"Are you comfortable?" asked Seungcheol.

Jeonghan was indeed comfortable. The closer he was to Seungcheol, the more he felt a giddy feeling in his stomach. But he enjoyed his warmth, the scent of his cologne and the way he could turn from a complete jerk to the loveliest person to ever exist. He had no idea that his neighbor was such a sweet person. If he had known, then he would've talked to Seungcheol more, instead of ignoring him and sending him hateful glares.

He snuggled deeper into Seungcheol's chest, closing his eyes and nodding. "Yeah," he replied. "You are so warm."

The deeper he snuggled into him, the better it was for Seungcheol to sniff his hair. And even though he tried to ignore it and hoped the younger wouldn't notice, his heart would beat fast against his chest. It was a feeling he liked, a feeling he didn't want to end. Perhaps, he thought, that being stuck in an elevator with his annoying neighbor, wasn't a bad thing after all.

He thought about reasons why he hated Jeonghan. Reasons which kept him away from the young beansprout. His reasons were stupid ones, and he knew it all along. His reason for hating him was because the boy was so beautiful. He couldn't stand being around him, just because the boy distracted him so easily. When he saw how he seemed to have that effect on everyone, he couldn't help but feel jealous in some way. When the younger moved into the empty apartment him next to his, he always had the urge to talk to him and befriend him, but as soon as he saw all his followers and the way he acted like a God, he wanted to stop liking the boy.

His hatred towards him was fake, but Jeonghan believed it. Seungcheol had put on a good act for him, always ignored the younger or offended him. It was such a good act, that Jeonghan would rant about his neighbor to his best friend or wrote about him an essay about neighbors that no one needed in their life. His professor thought that it was a strange idea to write an essay about, but somehow Jeonghan had managed to get an 'A' on it.

"Jeonghan, are you still awake?" Seungcheol asked, surprised by his sudden silence.

"I am, just a little tired, though." he mumbled, his eyes still closed as he tried to fall asleep. He almost would have fallen asleep to the peaceful sound of Seungcheol's heartbeat.

"Don't fall asleep now. Let's talk." Seungcheol suggested.

"About what?" He opened his eyes, looking up at him. Jeonghan's chin was placed on Seungcheol's chest, which made the older's heart flutter. He gulped down the lump in his throat, trying not to sound too nervous. He was meant to be the easy going one, not Jeonghan.

"Whatever you want to talk about," he said.

"How about we get to know each other then? I barely know anything about you, even though we have been neighbors for almost two years now." Jeonghan said.

Seungcheol nodded in agreement, wanting to know more about the younger anyways. "Alright... how about we start new? Let's introduce us first," Jeonghan gave him a curt nod. "My name is Choi Seungcheol, I am twenty years old and am majoring in Medicine, Music and Philosophy."

"That's an odd combination. Medicine doesn't fit into it at all." Jeonghan said, wondering why Seungcheol had chosen those subjects.

"Well, my parents want me to become a doctor. I rather do something else, though. But they told me that even if I don't want to become a doctor, I should study it in case my plans won't work out." Seungcheol explained.

"Oh, and what are your plans?" Jeonghan was interested in the boy. He wanted to know more about him.

"I have no idea, but I'll figure it out somehow." said Seungcheol. "Now to you," The younger raised his eyebrows, looking up at Seungcheol. "Introduce yourself."

"Oh, right," he remembered. "Well, I'm twenty, my name's Yoon Jeonghan and I'm majoring in Fashion, Art and Music. I was born on 1004, so I'm a literal angel." Jeonghan smiled proudly at the last part.

"Is that why you named yourself angel? Because of your birthdate?" Seungcheol rolled his eyes, but not in an offending gesture. This time, he meant in a playful way.

"One of the reasons," he answered. "Another one is because I look like an angel, don't you think so too?" Seungcheol looked down at Jeonghan, who was now smiling widely at him. It was a cute smile; a smile he wanted Jeonghan to keep forever.

The black haired male smiled back, bobbing his head up and down. "Yeah, you look like an angel."

After that the two boys kept quiet, both cuddling with each other like before, this time getting used to it as much as they could. But neither of them minded the closeness, they enjoyed it more than anything. Especially Jeonghan, who had craved a hug from someone for so long now. A hug that didn't mean 'I think you are good-looking so have sex with me'. It was a hug he could never forget, a hug that meant the older cared for him.

"Hey, Jeonghan?" Seungcheol suddenly said.

"Hm?"

"I hope Angels know CPR because you take my breath away." Seungcheol said cheekily, a goofy grin on his face.

Jeonghan looked up at Seungcheol, chuckling while shaking his head. "Really now? That's so cheesy." he told Seungcheol.

"But it was good, wasn't it?" The older wanted to make sure that Jeonghan wasn't one of these people who hate pick up lines. It wasn't like Seungcheol used them everyday on everyone, but he always had one up his sleeve. They weren't offending in any way, but more humorous.

"It was." Jeonghan admitted.

-

Today is Seventeen's encore concert can we all just take a moment. And I think our official fandom name is Carat...

Well, anyway I felt like writing a cute chapter so I wrote a cute one and thank you for reading/voting/commenting. I actually thought that no one would read this :')