09

It has been two days since the two neighbors got stuck in an elevator together. From being extreme enemies, they went to become two playful lovers and now to two strangers, who pretended like nothing happened between them.

Every day at university, Jeonghan would look at Seungcheol and wait for him to approach the long-haired angel. It never happened. He didn't even spare a look at him. It hurt him, since, in some way, he had developed feelings for the older. He thought that once they get out of the elevator, they would talk to each other and might become more than just acquaintances. And as he stared at the older with complete adoration in his eyes, his best friend would always tell him that he should stop imagining things, since it didn't look like his crush would talk to him anytime soon.

As the third day drew near, Jeonghan had lost all hope. It was stupid of him to think that his crush would even talk to him. All the things that happened in the elevator were just for his enjoyment. Or maybe he went crazy in that elevator and did things he would never do (for instance, kiss Jeonghan). His heart was in sorrow. After opening up to each other and doing things Jeonghan would usually never do, there was still no hope for the two. Perchance the two weren't made for each other like he had thought.

He forced himself upstairs, exhausted from the long hours of working while thinking about the love of his life, who didn't even acknowledge his existence. In movies, they would drink alcohol or stuff themselves full with candies after a heartbreak, but Jeonghan could not do either of that. He couldn't stand the smell of alcohol and neither could he eat too many sweet things. He wondered what he could do after a heartbreak to get over Seungcheol as fast as possible.

As he reached the seventh floor, he could see the familiar back view of his neighbor. He was about to turn around and walk down the steps but was stopped when Seungcheol turned around to look at Jeonghan. Thinking that it was enough with the older playing with his feelings, he avoided looking at him and walked over to his own door, fishing out his keys.

Jeonghan unlocked his door, opening it. The whole time he could feel Seungcheol's eyes on him. He even stopped to unlock his door just to look at Jeonghan. When the male was about to enter his apartment, he was stopped by a mellifluous voice. "Jeonghan?" He only said his name, but why did his heart stop beating?

Jeonghan looked up at Seungcheol, who wasn't much taller than him. "Um... how about we, you know, do something together?" Seungcheol asked nervously as he rubbed the nape of his neck.

The angel forced himself not to smile and just look coldly at him. Didn't he want to talk to Jeonghan at school because he was embarrassed to be seen with him? Or was he only looking for a hookup? "I'm tired right now." Jeonghan answered, about to enter his apartment. He was stopped by Seungcheol's voice once again.

"How about we go to school together? I mean, we are neighbors and we could take my car... I can even drive you home too." Seungcheol offered.

"Are you sure that you want to be seen with me?" Jeonghan suddenly blurted out. But he had to admit that it could ruin Seungcheol's cold image.

"Why wouldn't I want to be seen with you?" he asked. "Wait, you don't want to be seen with me, am I right?" Seungcheol bit his lower lip. "Well then, just forget what I said."

"No, it's not like that!" Jeonghan shook his head as he held both of Seungcheol's hands. "Let's go to school together then. Let's meet at eight right here, in front of our doors. I'll see you." Jeonghan stood on his tip toes and pressed his lips against Seungcheol's cheek before disappearing behind his front door, closing it behind him.