CHAPTER 1

(Above is Ambers necklace)

(Ambers POV)

The sunlight was barely shining through my window, I tried to pull the blanket over my head in hopes of getting some more sleep, but someone had burst through my door.

"Wake up Amber!" I heard Jessie yell as he tried to steal my soft blanket off my warm body." come on were going to be late and you know father hates when were late," he added quickly as he managed to get the blanket out of my firm grasp.

"Ok I'm awake, calm down we wont be late if anything we will be early" I replied tiredly slowly sitting up on my bed longing for a few more hours of rest.

"Amber your so slow everyone is waiting for you to get ready to leave," Jessie said as he started putting a bunch of things he thought I might need for the long journey in my bag that I would be able to bring.

The bag was very special our father gave them to us when we left to train with our mother there the only two like it. we can carry it when we are in our animal forms and our elf forms truly one of a kind.

"Come on," Jessie rushed the words as he finished throwing things into my bag.

" The faster you leave the faster I can change and soon after that we can leave for Rivendell," I state as I try and push him out the door so I may get ready for the journey which wasn't much because Jessie packed half my things already.

"Alright but be quick ok?" he replied as he left my room.

After he closed the door I went to my closet and pulled out a pair of light brown trousers and a forest green tunic. after that I took every thing out of my bag to see what Jessie had stuffed in it. I found a plain light blue dress and a light green one as well. also my necklace my father had given me the day we left Rivendell it was a beautiful  silver bird, and a small hand mirror. its so my brother to pack dresses as he knows I never ware them unless I must but he insists I ware them more, but I have told him many times that I wish not to for I dislike dresses but he still try's.

I replace the dresses with two pairs of trousers one dark brown and one light green, also two forest green tunics. I put the necklace around my neck and the mirror back in the bag.I put a brush and some lambas into my bag, my father taught me how to make the elvish way bread when I was 100 years old. I'm the only one who will eat it but I am ok with that. I put my quiver and bow in the bag along with my daggers and sword. I put the two dresses back in the closet and left my room.

I met my brother in the main hall of our vast home and was greeted by my pack mates. there are so few of us left but we manage, its to be expected as many don't live through there first few years without there parents or they leave to be on there own like so many of our kind these days. my mother is among those who are going with us on the journey, which I did not expect.

"Mother I did not expect you to see us off," I say while I make my way to stand by her side.

" I am coming with you to Rivendell, your father and I need to discuss some things." she replied evenly as if she didn't care if I did not wish for her to come or not. " let us go we are wasting daylight standing here," she added while quickly changing into a giant golden lioness.

I followed her and changed into my lioness form I was a giant golden brown lioness with a very light brown strip down my nose. my brother was next to change he was like me a giant golden brown lion but he has a red-brown mane and no line down his nose. After we had changed so did everyone else but they are different, there wolves and not lions. lion skin-changers are rare and far between.

As we set out on our journey I make sure that I have my bag as we make our way to Rivendell. It should take two days as the skin-changer runs but that's only without any interruptions on our travels.

Rivendell

"Welcome back," Lord Elrond greeted us as we entered Rivendell. " I hope your travels went well and undisturbed,"  he added before leading us inside the familiar halls.

" Yes we had no troubles with orcs and we stayed  clear of the main roads through middle-earth to get here," mother replied as she was walking next to lord Elrond.

" Good,.... I will have someone to come get you for dinner. in the mean time you should rest for you may be tired from traveling so far in so little time," lord Elrond added before leaving us with some elves who would show us to our rooms.

As everyone went to there rooms to lay down and rest, I had taken my things to my room and instantly got out my weapons and headed to the practice fields before dinner. I spent most of that time with my bow and daggers and a small amount for my sword. by the time someone came for me for dinner I had been out on the practice field for three hours.  I quickly ran to my room to change my clothing for mine are covered in sweat. when I entered my room I changed into my dark green trousers and one of the forest green tunics. After that I left my room and headed to the dinning hall, by the time I got there I realized just how hungry I really was.

After dinner I returned to the practice fields and stayed there for a hour before returning to my room to take a bath before I go to bed. when I got to my room I found a green silk nightgown on my bed, next to it was a note that said ' please ware this to bed than your trousers and tunic it will be way more comfortable. love, Ada .'

'Yup just like Ada to send this for me' I thought to myself as I started getting a bath ready. After I had taken a bath I slipped on the silk nightgown and picked up one of the many books in my room and started to read. After the second chapter I was having trouble keeping my eyes open so I put it down and blew out the candle and slowly fell asleep to the sounds of water falling outside. ( there is a waterfall by her room outside)

Morning in Rivendell

I slowly got out of my soft bed and headed to my wardrobe, when I opened it to my surprize I found many different dresses and a few trousers and tunics. I pulled out a pair of dark brown trousers and a nice grass green tunic. Taking the nightgown off I placed it into a small basket in the corner by my bed and put on the tunic and trousers. After that I left my room heading to the dinning hall for something to eat.

When I entered the dinning hall, I found my mother, and brother talking with Lord Elrond. I made my way to a seat near Jessie and sat down.  taking a piece of bread from the basket on the table I quietly nibble on it.

"What are you talking about," I ask Jessie as he turns around to face me.

"Ada has gotten a letter from Mirkwood and is asking mother what her thoughts of it are," he replied as he turns back to our parents.

"What was in the letter?" I ask watching my parents talk quietly.

" I have no idea, that's what I'm trying to figure out," he spat as he was trying to hear what they are saying.

As if they heard our conversation Ada turned to address us. " we are talking about things that you need not to know," he said. " we will continue our conversation later," he added turning back to our mother before leaving the dinning room.