CHAPTER 10

(Amber's POV)

The next day

I woke and quickly packed all of my things which wasn't much and I ran down to the kitchen to get some lambas bread and found Legolas already there and my mother arrived not long after and shortly after that we headed to the front gates and found the king waiting there for us.

"travel safe ion-nin and Amber and Jane,"  he said as we mounted the horses Legolas on a pure white horse and me and my mother on a chestnut horse.

"we will be safe Ada," Legolas said and after that we set out Legolas in the lead.

it didn't take long to get to the edge of the forest and when we did we stopped and left my mother there which Legolas didn't like but excepted. we had a uneventful day and we where just setting up camp when i heard footsteps coming from along the road and i grabbed my bow and Legolas did as well.

when he person had came into view i nocked a arrow just in case and waited for the person to see us. and when he did he stopped in his tracks  

" I am a friend," the person said and i recognized it instantly.

"James!!" i said putting down the bow and running up to him.

"Amber!! thank god a familiar person we need help." he said in a worried tone.

"whats wrong?" i ask takeing his hand in mine which earned him a glare from Legolas.

"Orcs have taken Shay and Luke as prisoners," he said and my face showed hate.

"how did they get captured they are the best fighters i know," i said and Legolas glared at me and i turned to him. as James started to talk again.

"they surprised us," he said and i just sighed.

" i always have to save you three," i said while grabbing everything we had put out and place them back on the horses. then i take them deep into the trees and tie them up. "lead the way," i commanded.

"Amber we cant take on a bunch of orcs with only the three of us especially one who has no weapons. i just smiled and ran after James and Legolas was not far behind.

when we got close i looked around and went back to the others. " there is 100 at the most," is all i could say before Legolas cut me off.

"we cant defeat them there is to many," he hissed and i smiled at him once more and James chuckled. "why are you smiling?" he asked.

"i think its time i show you my other side," i said and both me and James smiled and Legolas looked so confused which i found a bit cute.

"what do you mean," he asked.

"here take these you'll need them more than me," is all i said before taking off all my weapons and handing them to him.

"Amber you need these to fight!!" he exclaimed.

"no i don't," i said my eyes turning a redish- brown and my ears and tail where beginning to bristle. "follow after us and yell out when you need help..... James you go for the tents and i'll go for the ones out around the camp and Legolas you go for the tree that they are tied to." i explained the plan. "Legolas back up," i said and when he did i switched into my lion form and Legolas just stared at me for a moment before James switched into his wolf form. he was a light brown wolf with a tinge of red in his fur.

i looked at James and then Legolas who had gotten over the shock. I nodded and James and i took off running into the middle of the camp killing orcs as we went at one point i was pined to the ground desperately trying to get the orc off when he fell dead with an arrow in his head and at that moment i was grateful Legolas had come with me.  as soon as Legolas freed Shay and luke they joined in the fight fighting alongside me and when all the orcs where dead or so we thought i turned to Legolas and spotted a orc behind him and i didn't think. i ran toward him and lept over his head landing on the orc and killing it swiftly. he just looked at me amazed.