CHAPTER 5

(Jessie's POV)

 we were scouting the border of the Misty Mountains when i got a sharp pain in my side and began to feel weak. i knew nothing could have touched me but something must have happened to Amber. i stopped the pack. and called them back to me.

"what is wrong?" Jake asked. he was a red and brown wolf.

"Amber is in trouble." i state and everyone looked a little panicked.

"what do you mean that she is in trouble?" Leah asked very concerned for her best friend and leader. Leah is a white wolf.

"something has happened to her she is growing weaker. i must call my mother," as i said that i let out a ear piercing roar that could be heard for miles. not long after that my mother responded telling us to meet her back in Rivendell.

at my mothers command we all headed back to Rivendell as fast as we could. when we arrived i found my parents waiting for us. worry showing on there faces.

"you had called saying Amber was hurt how badly do you think it is?" mother asked trying to stay calm.

"she was shot by something and after that she started to grow weak. she's even weaker now i think she has been poisoned." i concluded and at that i saw my parents glance at each other knowing perfectly well what they were going to do.

"we must leave for Mirkwood right away." father said as he quickly went inside to grab the few things he might need on the jouney.

when he returned we quickly made our way to Mirkwood.

(Legolas' POV)

"Amber!" i said shocked as i quickly followed my father to the stables. on the way my father had gotten some guards to go and seach for her with us. as

as soon as we entered the forest i went ahead off the trail looking for her as the others spit up into small groups and went separate ways to widen the search. my father followed me as we looked praying to the valior that we may find her alive.

we were out there searching  for hours. i was about to give up hope on ever finding her when i saw a red lock of hair and instantly jumped off my horse running towards it and found Amber. she was still alive but just. i quickly picked her up placing her in my saddle before getting in it myself. we rushed back to the gates as we got there my father got Amber down and i followed as we entered the gates my father got the guards to recall the others.

we quickly got a healer to look at Amber. having to wait outside of the room she was in we were very inpatient waiting to know what the outcome might be. as the healer exited the room and i could tell that something was wrong.

"she has been poisoned," the healer said

"is she going to live?" i question needing to know.

"the poison that is in her i have never seen before in all my long years . i am sorry i cant heal her," he looked down as he said the last words.

i felt like i was slowly dying inside. no i cant lose Amber as well. my mind was racing filling my vision with amber being dead and being alone once again. i slowly sank to the ground tears filling my eyes. my father looked at me his eyes full of sympathy knowing how it was to lose a good friend. i looked up at the sound of a guard rushing into the room. quickly wiping the tears off my face i stood up.

"Lord Elrond has just arrived your highness, he wishes to see amber at once," the guard told us. my heart was filled with hope for lord Elrond was the greatest healer in all of middle-earth.

"bring him in quickly," i hear my father say and the guard leaves the room. not long after that lord Elrond enters the healing ward with two other elves who looked like Amber.