8

It was still too dark for my eyes to adjust, so I just laid there strapped to a bed listening to her voice. What the twin said echoed in my mind... Make sure to greet her he said, why should I? What will happen if I don’t, and I couldn’t help but wonder if they were just stirring and this girl was perfectly fine with no present psychotic disorders.

I hoped.

After she sung the last words there was a few seconds of echo before it was as quiet as dreaming trees. I could hear her breathing and every now and then I could hear her mumble something as well a very frighting laugh.

“I met her once. I did, and now shes gone. She is sitting here beside me, I tell you shes gone, never to return.”

I just closed my eyes hoping she could see or sense that I was sleeping and not part of whatever silly game she was playing.

“Have you met her? Has she told you what Ive done? She has hasn’t she, shes not supposed to! No one is allowed to know my secretes... People who do get punished.”

“I don’t know anything, now leave me be. I want to sleep.” I mumbled and turned my head away from her.

I herd her get up to her feet and as the foot steps got closer my breathing stopped.

“No one is allowed to know my secretes... People who do get punished. No one is allowed to know my secretes... People who do get punished.” She kept repeating over and over.

I stopped counting when she said it for the twentieth time. Her voice went from loud to a whisper and I could feel the air she exhaled on my ear. I was oddly terrified and the fact that I couldn’t see anything was just making it worse. I closed my eyes and prayed -not that im a religious person- for sleep to finally swallow me into its black emptiness.

And it did.

I woke up with my neck sore from sleeping on one pillow, I laid there awake in my tiny bed as I noticed my surrounding for the first time and it shocked me. I couldn’t imagine how anything could be more plain then the hallways I had been running threw earlier. The walls weren’t even painted, they were clear cement and even more depressing then the out side of the Asylum. There was a total of three beds in the room and no other furniture, there was the stretcher I was strapped on in the middle of the room and a bed either side of mine. The beds had no mattresses just cold rusted steal.

I still remember the small sad looking window with steel bars on, and how it gave me small amount of hope. I figured if I stopped eating I could fit my skinny ass through the window and get away from this castle infested by ghosts and charged negatively by thick black crows. I then saw silly sally sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest and arms locked around them, in the corner next to the door. She was fast asleep and had long blond hair that hung over her back and knees and covered most of her face.

Once I actually saw what she looked like I didn’t find her all that scary, just a young girl no older than me. I laid there for what seemed like forever before the door swung open and Beulah stepped through. His face was as colorfull as that of a clowns, his nose was bright pink with purple bruising under his eyes. He looked at me, then the girl and kicked her over. She scrambled to her feet and hissed at him.

“What did you use this time, you little hag?” he groaned

“Nothing my lord, I didn’t do anything. I swear it upon my life.”

“Oh is that a fact? Then how did she end up looking like that?” He snarled pointing his finger at me.

“She must have done it herself while I was sleeping, its a wonder im still alright!”

“Don’t screw with me, you know I wont hesitate to send you for some more therapy with Lady Katnis.”

“Oh God no please! I used a nail clipper, im sorry.” she whispered as her entire body began to shake.

Beulah slapped her across the back of her head and pulled my bed out of the room. At this point I was a fair bit worried, seems I didn’t make it through the night all that well. I honestly didn't feel anything out of the ordinary, so I had no idea what she did with the nail clipper and I was pretty sure she didn't clip my nails.

“What did she do to me?” I asked him quietly, but after a minute of silence I realized he was ignoring me.

The place reminded me of a maze everything looked exactly the same with countless hallways and he pulled my stretcher through what seemed like a hundred. Finally we came to a stop and he started to remove the restraints

“Trust me when I say it is pointless if you run, we will find you so just do as you are told.”

 “Actually I beg the differ, its good exercise and you could use some. ”