4

Once the grand tour came to an end, we returned to the waiting room. The superintendent was on the phone. With his office door wide open, I could hear him having a heated conversation. Once he hung up the phone, he yelled at the twins and without hesitation they escorted me in. I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do, with a thousand thoughts were racing through my mind.

"Have a seat, Alice." He barked, pointing to the chair.

I was scared, and the fact that I didn't know what was in store for me, was the worst of all. So I did what I always do, covered my fear with as much resistance as I could.

"I don't want to sit." I stated flatly.

"Please Alice, don't make this harder then necessary."

"I'm not sitting, old man."I growled, leaning forward with my hands on his desk.

He sighed and looked at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes, then nodded to the twins. Without hesitation they grabbed my arms and forced me down on the chair. I struggled as much I could, but it was no use.

"Now sitting down isn't that hard, is it? You will find, Alice that if you simply follow the rules and instructions given to you, your stay here will be much easier. If not, well who knows what might become of you."

"Do not," I warned, "try to threaten me. Ever. You won't like the consequences just go ask davis how he is doing." I snarled.

I realised then that my voice was a little louder then necessary. I was quite proud of myself while the twins beside me exchanged startled looks. The superintendent gave me a cold smile, that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Oh? Is that so, considering not only that you are out numbered, but also the fact, that we work with psychopaths each and everyday. What makes you think you have the slightest chance to back up the statement you just made?"

I bit my lip. Feeling like an idiot.

"I see. Well I am certainly glad we can come to an agreement, any questions miss Liddell?"

There was a long and awkward silence, the superintendent flipped through some paper work, face wrinkly and hands shaking. I felt defeated and tired.

"How long am I staying here exactly?" I mumbled.

"Ah! Am excellent question, Alice. That all depends on your recovery."

"What am I even recovering from?"

"Judging from you criminal rec-"

"Dont start with that bullshit, There is nothing wrong with me!" I cut him off. I was outraged and frankly pist off.

"That's not for you to decide, you will meet your psychiatrist soon enough. He will analyze you, and fix what needs fixing. He is after all the best we have at this moment."

"Is he the one who testified at my hearing and landed me in this hell hole?"

"Yes, his name is Dr. Martin Caine, and Alice do try to use the correct terminology. This is a Asylum."

"I don't belong in a bloody Asylum." I whined "and I'm not insane either!" I added

"I never called you insane, besides where have you ever heard the insane admit that they are." He sounded slightly amused looking at me like one would at a child doing something silly.

"Now my nephews will show you your room, I have things to do and I do believe dinner is starting soon."

"Your logic worries me, old man."

He ignored my last comment, and shuffeld some papers on his desk. The twins walked in front of me and leaded me through the white corridors. Completely consumed in their own conversation. Everything was white, the walls, the floor, the ceiling, the nurse uniforms, and even the damn doors. Colour has never bothered me before, but I must admit, I already miss it. I couldn't stay here, I would truly loose my mind then. So without thinking it through,

I darted and made a run for it.