9

He rolled his eyes and let out an exasperated sigh, as he undid my legs. He pulled me up by my arm and off the bed, my legs were a little wobbly and I was light headed. He realized and held me up straight. We walked down the hall and all the doors were open revealing exact replicates of the room I was in. We came to a halt by a large office as he talked to the lady in the office, she handed him an odd and oversized looking dress. He nodded a thank you and handed it to me.

“Alright, now first go put this on and return the clothes you have on now to the nurse that will accompany you. Then the nurse will take a basic medical history, mostly focusing on medical conditions you currently have that we might have to treat, and a rather more in depth mental health history—what medications you’ve taken, what diagnoses you’ve gotten, what therapists you’ve gone to and when. They’ll ask you about dietary restrictions as well as sleeping patterns.” He mumbled to me waving to staff passing us by.

I nodded and examined the dress he gave me, it had a blue round collar and the rest of the material was white with light blue and brown circles. The dress had no form and looked just as depressing as everything else here. A lady stopped in front of me, she grabbed my arm as she towed me behind her.

We ended up in a large room, which was obviously a bathroom. There were set of 10 showers on either side of the room and in the middle was benches made out of old rusted steal that should have been replaced long time ago. There were about 8 sinks on the wall in front of us and toilets were on either sides of the sinks. I was completely disgusted by the lack of privacy as the toilets weren’t enclosed nor was the showers and worst of all on the bench was a bucket filled with tooth brushes, that all looked exactly the same.

While taking a few seconds to fully accept that I didn’t have a choice in this, the nurse nudged me forward and groaned at me.

“Go wash up and get dressed then, I don’t got all bloody day.”

“Turn around please, I demand privacy.”

She walked over to me and slapped me across the back of my head, making a loud noise that echoed through the room.

“Don’t make me tell you again, get dressed!”

I sighed and walked over to the shower then I turned around, and removed my hoody which I stole at a Metallica concert a few years ago. Its always been my favorite piece of clothing, then I reached for the shower nob trying to figure out which way was hot, when I realized there was only cold water. Its not that bad I figured, I use to take cold showers when ever I had a shit day so I guess this wasn’t to much of a downer. I removed my bra and the rest of my clothes and stepped into the shower, with my back still towards her. After letting the water run over me for a few minutes I started looking for the soap and couldn’t find any, I turned around covering myself.

“Where is the soap?”

“Soap is not allowed, finnish up you are taking to long.”

I felt like I should have expected this and honestly wasn’t to surprised, I turned of the shower and looked around for a towel to dry myself.

“No towels allowed, you have to drip dry.”

“Are you fucking kidding me.” I shouted, and I realized it startled her. She took out a notepad and wrote something down on it. I sighed and tried shaking myself dry like dogs do, and surprisingly it kind of worked. I put on my panties and reached for my bra but the nurse bitch slapped me with her intense gaze and I realized no bra as well. Ignoring the urge to scream in her face I just moved on to the dress and I remember feeling like I was fashionably retarded. I then looked at her expectantly and shrug as I just felt like I couldn’t be bother to speak.

“Go brush your teeth and comb your- hair” She said sounding more like a question as her eyes lingered on my hair.

“Wheres my tooth brush?”

“Just pick one out of that box there and be quick about it.”

I walked to the box and decided to rather skip brushing my teeth than using someone else, I walked over to the sink splashed my face with water. As I came up and saw my own reflection in the mirror and only response I had was, what the fuck.

 My hair was ruined, every here and there were short chunks and the length was remarkably reduced. I was more surprised that I haven’t noticed it before now, guess I know now what that little cow did to me. It looked terrible.