Chapter Five - The Chosen Mate

IT had been a week now since Brianna started her rehabilitation. Her mother was by her side all the time, except for today. They had a heated argument earlier.

It had been months since her mother brought her back in the Philippines. She just can't comprehend why she did that. America has more advance technology and knowledge in terms of medicine so bringing her here did not make sense at all.

She released a sigh; she was getting frustrated every day. But at least she was able to walk now though she was still limping.

Brianna's family flew in the Philippines; her whole family but her father and two brothers went back to Texas a month ago. Ang masakit pa, sinukuan siya ng mga ito na babangon pa siya, didilat at mabubuhay muli at naniwala na wala na talaga siyang pag-asa pa. It really hurts to know that.

Though she was thankful to her mother because she did not give up on her, instead stayed with her until today, and she knew she could always count on her. Naiinis lang siya na kailangan pang maghiwalay ang pamilya niya, at kasalanan niya iyon. Kaya hindi niya masisisi ang ina dahil alam niyang kapakanan lang niya ang iniisip nito.

Unti-unti nang bumabalik ang kaniyang lakas. Nakamamangha nga raw ang mabilis na progreso niya sabi ng doktor at therapist niya. Puwede na raw siyang lumabas sa susunod na linggo at doon na lang daw sa bahay nila siya pupuntahan ng therapist para ipagpatuloy ang kanilang sessions.

"ZEV, did you see her?" tanong ng isang matipunong lalaki, matangkad at malalim kung tumitig, animo sumusuri sa kaibuturan ng iyong pagkatao.

Nilingon ni Zev ang lalaki, si Convel, ang kaniyang kanang kamay sa lahat ng bagay, mapa-negosyo o panganib, ito ang kanyang kasangga.

"Zév, narinig mo ba ako?" tawag uli ng kanyang pinsan.

"No. She did not come to the place where we were supposed to meet. She must have lost her way or mistaken the date of the meeting."

"Imposible. A majestic is not stupid to lose her way or forget an important matter like this. Baka may nangyari sa kanya." Convel said in a deep growling voice.

"I know that but..." Zev heaved a sigh.

ZEV had been having bad nights these days. He dreams of a girl who was scared and keeps running away from him. The light surrounding her face was too bright it was hard to see. It was just a dream, but he could not shake it off and it has been bugging him a lot.

"Zév, we have to consult the Elders. We can't let this pass. This is especially important. For all we know something is already happening."

"I know, I know...we'll go after work, alright." Zev nodded to Convel's suggestion.

"Are you alright? You seem to be bothered these days." Convel looked at him.

"And I was hoping you'll just ignore it." Zev smirked.

"Hindi lang ako nagtatanong. I know you want your personal space. Should I get inside your head and find it out myself?" Convel teased.

"No. I don't want you come ransacking my thoughts. Hayaan mo ako sa sarili kong pag-iisip." Zev snorted.

Convel has the power to read minds whether in a human or werewolf form. He could read Zev if he allows him to but Convel would not do that. As the lead Alpha, he must ask permission to do so or he would face punishment for invading the lead Alpha's privacy-Zev's privacy.

"Hey Zév, the pack is ready. We'll see you tonight at Caern, the Elders will be there too. And be ready, they will surely be asking for Selene," Convel warned then left.