Unconditional Love.

Luke.

After a week of thinking this through, I finally had the guts to talk to my mom.

"What is this about?" I close my eyes and sigh.

'This is it.' I thought.

"We just want to show you something." Mom nodded at dad as he stand in front of the door, just in case mom tried to run out the office. I play the video and heard mom gasped. 

"Stop this!" she stand up and yelled at me to stop it. She tried to run to me but dad is quick and grab her. She is now rooted to her sit as she cry while watching the video. I heard dad sniff and when I look at him he is trying to pull himself together and be strong.

When the clip was finished, I turn it off and turn on the lights. Mom has her hands in front of her face as she cries.

"I killed him." mom muttered. I sigh and hug mom. I am not on her side on this but she is still my mom so I comfort her.

"I will show this to everyone mom." She whipped her head at me and frowned.

"What?! Are you out of your mind?!" She hissed. I sigh.

"Mom, Sebastian made this video to confess his sins." Mom stands up.

"Sebastian made that video to confess his crimes to you." she looks at my dad. "To our family." Dad sighs.

"Rena." Dad warned mom, she shook her head.

"You would all do that to me. You will show everyone that video and your brother's legacy and my life will be ruined." I glared at her. All those admiration to my mom is gone.

"What about them mom?! What about the family you ruined because of your selfish reasons. You ruined my life you ruined Cathy's family and you made the last days of my brother miserable!" I yelled. I don't care if she is my mom. This is too much.

"I never thought you are this selfish Rena." dad is dangerously calm, but I agree with him.

"Ed." dad raised her finger in front of mom, silencing her.

"They disown her! She was pregnant Rena. She was carrying our first grandchild." Dad sighs. "I love you. But I can't let this one go. This is too much Rena. I know people will look at you a different way after this but I will be with you." dad hugged my mom as she was now sobbing hysterically. "I love you. I do not love you any less despite all of this. I love you." I nodded at my dad and I exited the home office.

 I hope I did the same thing like what he is doing with my mom right now. I hope I was a man like he is that moment. I hope I didn't cast away my wife that night. I hope that I did try to forgive her despite what others are telling me.I hope I listened to what my heart was telling me then. I drove home and saw Dakota sitting on the living room in front of the fire reading a book. She turns around when she saw me.

"How's your day?" She asked as she makes her way to me. She peck me on my lips as I fake a smile and loosen my tie.

"It's okay. I drop by to my parents house, dad and I talked about something." Dakota nodded.

"Should I be worried?" I frowned. "Never mind." she turns around and went to the kitchen. I follow her to the kitchen.

"How as your day?" she shook her head.

"Same old, same old." she shrugged. "Are you hungry?" I shook my head. She pours herself a glass of wine. I just shrugged and went upstairs. I was just about to sleep when Dakota enters the room. I sit up and look at her. She is swaying.

"Are you drunk?" she glared at me.

"Are you fucking someone?!" she hissed.