Heart vs. Mind

A/N

Another glimpse on the other woman's mind.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dakota

"You know I still don't know why you let him go and meet his ex-wife." I sigh.

'I don't know why either.' I know that it is just right considering the fact that it is proven that the twins were his, but of course in my heart that is suicide.

"You know what, I think I should do some makeover on you so that when that husband of yours comes back, he will see how beautiful you are compare to that...... what's her name?" I rolled my eyes.

"You know her name."she scoffed.

"Fine! Then we should do that makeover and I promise you once I am done with you, Luke will drool upon seeing you and in the heat of the moment you will bake some person in that oven of yours." she teased me as she wiggle her eyebrows suggestively. I gulped.

"I doubt that's ever going to happen." I mutter feeling sad all of a sudden. Sabrina then dragged me and start her makeover. 

"You are so gorgeous, you look like a Victoria secret angel." I twirl around to let her see the whole outfit.

"Do you think this would do it?" Sabrina look at me in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me?! Girl you are so hot I am afraid to touch you." she exclaimed. I chuckled at her, she is so funny.

"Oh. Shuush! You are bias." I wave her off and close the door as I ushered her out of the house. I look at my watch and smile as I see that it is just an hour before Luke comes home. 

Walking on the house alone feels lonely. This is the first time that I ever felt this way, even though Luke has done it numerous times. He often go away on business trip so I am left here all alone. It didn't bother me because I am also busy working. But now, in our situation right now I am second guessing his love for me. 

'I know he loves me but is that enough to make him stay?'

'Now that he knows he is a father of twins will he still have time for me?'

I can now feel him slipping away from me. I don't want to be selfish but I can't help feeling like they are a threat to my life with Luke.I love Luke and I want him to be happy and I know that letting him go and being with his kids will be his happiness but, I am afraid to be alone. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be like my mother.