Back to where it all started.

Sara.

Driving around the neighborhood I grew up with is painful.  All I see is the houses of people who didn't think twice in condemning me, hating me. All I remember is misery.

"Nothing changed." I said to cut the awkward silence that is suffocating me this moment. She just look at me through the rear view mirror. We stopped in front of my parents house. I sigh deeply.

"I'll just drop some groceries." she muttered. I didn't bother replying, she didn't wait up for my reply anyway.

Looking around the house where I grew up brings back good memories though. I remember every naughty things I did in this house. I remember how I convince my little sister to join me in my wildest adventures. I chuckled when I stumble upon a picture of the two of us both without front teeth.

"This is all of it Catherine." I look at my ex-bestfriend who didn't even bother to offer me a small smile. I sigh. 

"You always call me that whenever you are mad at me." She just look at me blankly and proceed to get out of the house. "Why do you hate me, I did nothing wrong to you." I yelled at her back. She stopped and laugh. She turn around scowling at me.

"You did nothing wrong?" I frowned.

"I know that you believed them then, but what about now? Do you still believe them?" I asked.

"I don't see any reasons not to." she turn around and went out of the house.

I walk up to my room ans saw that nothing has changed in this room. I can see that it is well kept. They probably have it cleaned everyday. 

"This is where my nightmare started." I muttered. I look around and saw a wall full of pictures. I am with a lot of people, smiling and goofing around. I know them but somehow these pictures feels foreign to me. I remember these happy moments in my life but I don't feel happy. I feel sad, lonely; I am hurt. Not one of them believed me, like they don't know me at all. I rip out all of the photo's on the wall and throw it in the trash can.

KRIIIING! KRIIIIIIING! KRIIIING!

I look at the phone that is surprisingly still in my room. I answered it and heard my sisiter's voice at the other end.

"I am very sorry Sara, I am still in the middle of arranging things. I will be back as soon as-" I cut her off.

"I am fine Cath. I am a big girl, I can handle it." She sigh.

"Did she gave you a hard time?" I smiled.

"Nothing I can't handle." I prepare to sleep after I made sure to lock everything.

----------------------------------------------

"I bet she got that car from her sugar daddy." I heard one of the ladies to my left muttered not so discreetly, I must add. I stop then turn around to face her. I know that voice.

"Surprise, surprise! The queen bee strikes again!" I smiled sweetly at her. I could see people look our way now and gather around to form a circle. I chuckled. "Wow! Deja vu much? This is just like high-school." I smiled.

"Erin." I do not need to turn around and look at the person to know who is it. I ignore him and smile sweetly to the bitch. I heard footsteps coming from behind and suddenly my ex-husband put his arm around the bitch's waist as she snickered at me. I raised my brows.

"Before you open your mouth and tell things about someone, make sure you have proofs to back it up. I can sue you for that you know." She glared at me and I smiled sweetly at my ex-husband.

"Lucas and I got married 3 years ago. He loves me very much." I raised my brows at her, seriously.

"Are you just telling me that, because it sounded like you were convincing yourself." Everyone around me gasp and I look around and snickered. Gotcha! I am so proud of myself. They were probably surprised that I talk back at her. I never did that, I am shy and timid before.

"How dare you!" I raised my hand up in surrender, and went on the podium where I am obligated to say a speech.

"Good morning everyone." I smile and look at everyone's eyes. "If there is one thing that i learned from my parents, it would be that: 'Looks can be deceiving.' what you see with your own eyes might not be the truth. Evidence can be manipulated. Life is not fair nor is it safe. Villains don't appear as bad from the outside." I look at my sister and smiled. Mom told me that the last time they visit.

Flashback

We were in the resort and the twins were happily swimming with Cath and her boyfriend Grayson. Mom suddenly hug me.

"I am proud of you." I smiled at her.

"Thank you mom." She hug me tight.

"I know that you probably never felt that I am, but I really am. Even before, I have always been proud of the woman you are; compassionate and always look at the bright side of things even if it is really hopeless." I chuckled.

"I kind of need to mom. You were all in panick." She smiled at me.

"I always think that I failed you." I pull out of her embrace and assured her that she didn't. "I know I did, and I am thankful that you forgave us." She held both of my hands. "I hope you won't do the mistakes we did. Promise me that when the time comes when you are in a tight situation, never believe a thing that was told to you. Investigate." I nodded.

"Yes mom." She closed her eyes.

"That's what we did not do. We just believed her because she looks like she is telling the truth. Looks can be decieving. She decieves us." I nodded.

"I know mom, don't beat yourself up for it."

End of flashback.

"Trust no one but yourself; remember Lucifer was once an angel." I look at my ex-husband as I say that. After my speech i look at everyone and smile sweetly at them before I leave the podium. I hug my sister and Grayson as we sit together. The whole ceremony I was kept to myself and I can see some people staring at me through my peripheral vision. The moment it is over I stand up and walk away without glancing back.