2 (edited)

"Namjoon!" I call from Jungkook's bedroom, my beloved four-year-old sleeping (and choking me) on my chest. 

After a few minutes, Namjoon reaches the door and smiles. 

"Did we forget that he isn't 6lbs anymore, babe?" 

A smirk forms on Namjoon's face and he picks Jungkook up. Taking a deep breath, I smile at the sight. Taehyung runs in and cuddles my leg. 

A family was all I ever wanted. Children I could provide for. Something to give me a purpose in life. This was perfect. 

"Tae, go get your brothers and we'll play a game? How does that sound?"

Taehyung nods and runs off, screaming for Hoseok and Jimin. Tears well up in my eyes. Tears of love and hope and thanks. 

Jungkook, now fully awake, runs off to find Yoongi. 

Namjoon steals a kiss before we're bombarded by all five children at once. The twins Taehyung and Jimin giggle to themselves as they walk in. 

"Daddy, let's play musical chairs!" Yoongi says to me before dragging chairs along the floor, "Please, please please!"

I sigh and scroll through my music to find anything child appropriate. I play "5 little ducks" and watch the children (yes, Namjoon included) run around. After 4 of Jungkook's wins, we put the game on hold for pancakes. 

A line of construction for said pancakes began. Hoseok would weigh out the flour, Jimin tipping it into the bowl. Then, Tae would add the remaining dry ingredients and make a well for the eggs. Yoongi, being the oldest of the kids, cracked eggs into the bowl. Jungkook, whilst sat in Namjoon's lap, stirred his heart into the mixture before I cooked them.

The feeling of cooking with them is something I can never explain. It's a project in which we all come together to provide for one another. One of the most beautiful things about my children is the way they express themselves and come across to me. 

Later into the night, we all sit around the fire in the garden -from a distance- to talk to one another and tell stories. Each child slowly dropped off, almost in age order. 

Yoongi came over and sat in my lap.

"Dad?"

"Yes, Yoongi," I smile and stroke his back. 

"I love you,"

"I love you too, son,"