4 (edited)

"Darling, you have nothing to be worried about. It's nothing! I got into trouble all the time as a kid, it's no wonder one of our boys has inherited it," Namjoon attempts to comfort me as my shaky hands lie in his. 

We sit in the headmaster's office, almost feeling as though I'm a child again. Nervous for what he might say to me. 

The headmaster walks back in, clutching a file to his chest and sitting down in his chair, the wheels squeaking below him. 

"Mr. and... Mr. Kim, nice to see you," I control a smile at the way he begins, "I'm here to talk to you about Yoongi today. All of your boys are so hardworking, and it's nice to see how one can go above and beyond in their school work." 

I take in a deep sigh of relief. 

"We're both so happy there's no cause of concern here, headmaster!" I say to him. 

"Of course, we're always impressed with your sons. You are very lucky, indeed. We've noticed Yoongi's extraordinary talent in music this term. We're providing many clubs and 1-2-1 lessons for students we think would particularly flourish in music, and Yoongi is certainly one of them."

"Of course, what do you need us to do?" Namjoon asks. 

"Just be supportive of your son as he develops his singing and instrumental skills. I'm sure you're completely capable of doing so."

We leave with grins across our faces and the knowledge that our son may actually be talented and not just a complete pain in the ass. 

"I love you, Joonie. You're an amazing dad to all of them."

"I know," He giggles at me, "But you are of course too, Jinnie. I love you too. More than you could ever know, sweetheart."

As Namjoon returns to work, I drive home and prepare myself for the boys to come home from school. 

"Dad! Guess what I did at school today!" Yoongi runs in and jumps into my arms. 

"I don't know, baby, what did you do?" I lie, holding him close to me. 

"I did a singing lesson! The headteacher said I was really, really, really good!" 

"Do you want to know what I did at school today?" I smile, Yoongi staring confusedly back at me, "I talked to your headteacher, and he said you were really, really, really good! So, I made us all cake!"

The boys all cheer in unison and cuddle me at once. I put Yoongi down and kiss his forehead softly. 

"When will Daddy be home?" Jungkook asks, his big bright eyes staring up at me. 

"Soon, sweetheart," I pick him up "Now, all of you go do your homework and get out of your school clothes so we can have fun later!"

Jungkook smiles at me, still wrapping his little arms around me. His soft brown hair covers his eyes slightly and points down to his button nose. 

"I love you loads, Daddy!" He whispers before curling up on my shoulder. 

"Night night then Jungkook," I grin and rock him to sleep.