Chapter 1

I was never good at dealing with emotions. Everyone knew it, even our neighbor John knew it. The guy was in his eighties and never left his freaking house since we came to live in the neighborhood, which was about 3 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if the man is dead, but he isn't unfortunately. Why you ask? I used to throw the best parties but of course poor, old, grumpy John had to intervene and ruin it all. He went along the lines of wanting to call the fucking cops or take us to fucking court, something like that. Obviously my devious parents just had to bat their lashes like dolls and agree with the guy. They thought I had to start studying harder anyways or help them god they would kick me out and I would end up living on the side of a road. How lovely.

Anyhow, where were we? Ah yes, my emotions. I'm a pretty unsteady person if you ask me: one second I'm grinning like someone just bought me a huge Nutella jar, the next I'm sobbing rivers. Actually, today's a mix of the two. Even I can't tell if I'm squealing or having a heart attack. The only thing I'm sure of is that everyone looks worried, like I'm going to faint or something. I show a reassuring smile while I sob and I probably look like an old lady crying after watching an old romantic-to-the-point-it-makes-you-cringe movie. I shiver at the thought.

"G, are you alright?", my best friend Jasmine asks looking at me, her hazel eyes filled with humor.

"Y-y-yes", I stutter and suddenly I'm gushing. Gosh, I sound like my 14 year old sister, "I'm j-just surprised, that's all. A good kind of surprised, w-wow. You guys are awesome!"

My friends are truly amazing. I stare at the brand new black car in front of me, I'm at a loss for words. First, they throw a memorable goodbye party at my best friend's house, then this. And oblivious little me thought I was heading to an all girls sleepover. Nonetheless, I showed up in my pajamas, braless and all.

"I'm glad you like it, it's a pity Max couldn't make it tonight", adds Violet, a girl from my grade who happens to be two years younger than the whole bunch of us. I guess she was too smart and they had to move her from her grade, but she keeps saying how she was the one to insist on skipping a couple of years. Bullshit, that's what I think.

I quickly steal a knowing glance with J, we know all too well where Maximillian Jackson is. Probably in some club downtown fucking the first breathing creature that walks by, as per usual. Why am I still the guy's girlfriend? Oh yeah, his family is loaded and my parents are not the best, forcing me to stay committed to the Jackson's only child. You know, my family's economic priorities come first, then their car is next. And maybe, I'm in third place. But I'm not sure if it's me and my sister or the plasma screen tv in our living room. Suddenly, I want to puke all the cocktails I drank after hearing Max's name.

"Yeah, he'll come visit me once I'm in college though. He has to, nothing could tear us apart", I reply. I'm now forcing a toothy smile and no one seems to notice.

"Okay then", my exasperated best friend intervenes. She shoves another full red cup in my hands and drags me back into the house, which is on full party mode, "tonight's not the night to think about useless boyfriends like yours, so stop being such a stuck up and have some fun!", she shouts and then winks at me and proceeds swaying her hips to the rhythm of the song.

We dance for what seems like hours when I hear Thomas, a friend I've known since kindergarten, call my name. My drunk self abruptly turns around only to find him desperately trying to reach for me. I take his hand and follow him outside towards the backyard, where my car is. As we step out in the cold air Tom motions me to two jocks sitting on a bench on the pathway. As we get closer I notice that in front of them stands another guy. He has a tall but built frame, with wavy black hair and plump lips. Only once we're practically standing in front of the three do I lift my gaze and meet his baby blue eyes. I inhale a sharp breath as I stare in awe, he is devilishly handsome.

He smirks, extending his hand for me to shake, "I'm Damian, and you must be Grace?"

"Uhm, do I know you?", I almost whisper. I've now slightly sobered up and his presence is pretty intimidating.

"No, but you will soon", he smirks. Jasmine would've swooned already, but not me. I have more of a constipated look on my face.

I then quickly give a questioning look at the two jocks, then at Tom. He just shrugs, but then smirks as well , "You heard him, he goes to MU too", he explains.

"Oh, I sh-should go n-now", I stutter, of fucking course. "See you on campus then, I guess."

"You will see a lot of me, sweetie", he states and licks his lips. I nod, unsure of what to make of the awkward conversation.

He grabs ahold of my chin and holds his gaze with mine. We stare in each other's eyes for what seems like forever, then I feel his hot breath reaching my ear as he whispers something I don't catch. I finally snap out of my trance, turn on my heels and walk away without saying a word as I feel his gaze burn on my back.

What just happened?

(A/N) I know it's short, I'm sorryyyyy but I was in a rush. I promise the next chapter will be a longer one. Please share this story with how many Wattpaders as possible! If someone already caught feel with #Gramian ? #Drace ? I'm not very good when it comes to ship names.
--- Vote, comment and embrace yourself for the next chapter ;) ---