Something Is Wrong

Pan's POV

She loves me, she loves me, She. Loves. Me. She believes in me! She loves me and believes in me, are the thoughts that raced through my head as I saw Amalie asleep on the floor. I scooped her up in my arms and gently placed her on the bed. She made a soft sound as she moved closer to the pillow. I pulled the blanket over her shoulders and kissed her forehead. "Sleep well, my love." I murmured to her.

I climbed down the ladder to go and check on Henry. It was almost time for him to give me his heart. I would be saved and be able to spend the rest of my life with Amalie. I smiled at the thought of that.

"Pan, there you are!" Felix came over to me.

I sighed. "What is it this time?"

"I over heard Rumplestiltskin and Regina talking to a mermaid. Ariel to be exact. They said something about a woman named 'Belle' and a man named 'Eric'. What do you want us to do?"

We sat down on a log. I stiffened and my muscles tightened. "What is it?" asked Felix. I tightened my grip on my pan pipe.

"Somebody is leaving the island." I replied.

Felix looked over at his club and the other Lost Boys. "You want us to go and get them?"

I shook my head. "No. I just need to go and have a chat with Henry. You," I gestures to the woods, "need to go have a chat with our friend in the other cage."

A smile split Felix's face. His scar made his smile look sinister, which it was. "Will do."

I patted my back pocket. The scroll was still there and I smiled. It was time. And soon, it would all be just me and Amalie.

Henry stood when he saw me walking over to him. "What do you want?"

"We're going on a trip. To talk about you saving magic." I lied.

Henry nodded. "Why hasn't my family come?"

I sighed. "They won't. Because that's what adults do, Henry. They disappoint people. They lie."

I took out the scroll and handed it to him. "You were destined for this, Henry. Unroll the scroll and you'll see."

Henry's fingers shook as he opened the scroll. His face contorted. "Um, that's not me..."

I scoffed. "Of course it is, Henry. You have the heart of the truest believer!

"Pan, this is a girl."

My eyebrows raised. "What?" I exclaimed, taking it from his hands.

I almost passed out. He was right. I wasn't him. It was a girl. A very familiar girl. The girl wasn't Wendy. Not Emma. Not Regina or Snow.

My heart twisted in pain. It was my love. My Amalie. She was the truest believer. Amalie was the one with the heart of the truest believer.

"Henry," I said gruffly, "go. It's not you. Go and find your stupid family!"

"I'm free?"

"GO! You're free. Now leave me!" I shouted.

How would I tell Amalie? And what in the name of Neverland would I do now?

Dun dun dun!!! MWAHAHAHA!