Heart of the Truest Believer

Pan's POV

The giant rock island came closer as we rowed towards it. My heart pounded in my chest. Could I really do this? Take out the heart of the girl I love and watch her die so Neverland and I could be restored? Did I have the strength?

Amalie's soft voice shook my thoughts away. "Hey. It's okay. I promise. I believe."

"That's easy for you to say." I mumbled. She gave me a look. I sighed. "I don't know if I can do this...you say there is a loophole, but what if there isn't? What if you are lost to me forever?"

She touched my arm. "I won't be lost, Peter. I'll be right here." She pressed her hand over my heart. Every time she touched me, I felt as if I had been touched by an angel. Not that the Lost Boys could ever know what a "lovey-dovey romantic" I was (Amalie's words, not mine).

I docked the ship, and helped Amalie out. She hugged me and I could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she was pressed up against me. She kissed my cheek. "Stay strong, Peter. Let go, if you must."

We walked to the golden hourglass and I could see Amalie's eyes widen. "You made all this just by thinking of it?" she exclaimed in awe.

"By making the decision to stay here." I corrected. As she looked around the place, running her fingers over the walls of rocks and skulls, I couldn't take it anymore. "Amalie?"

Her blonde hair flipped over her shoulder as she turned her head to look at me. "Yes?"

"Just say the word. I won't do it if you say so. I'll die here with you." I said, taking her hand.

Her brown eyes filled with tears. "Do you ever get the feeling you were meant to do something extraordinary?"

When I didn't say anything, she continued. "This is what I feel I need to do. A prophesy changed because of me...it's somehow my destiny and my choice. Peter, I need to do this."

I nodded and blinked back tears. My hand shook as I raised it. Amalie took in a deep breath. "Wait," she said. I froze as she pressed her lips against mine. They were soft against mine and I wrapped my arms around her waist as she wrapped hers around my neck. My heart twisted. Would I rather have my last days on Neverland filled with kisses like this or have the possibility of never seeing her again. She had told me to stay strong...to do it. And that's when I made my decision.

She pulled back, her lips even more pink. She smiled lightly and blinked back tears. "Sorry..." she said, her voice breaking, "I-I had to do that."

"Amalie, you stole my heart. I'm so glad I got to be with you. I love you, Amalie." I hold her close.

"And you stole mine. Now, literally, take my heart. It was always yours." Amalie whispered as she let go.

I held out my hand and took in a deep breath...before plunging it in to Amalie's chest.

She gasped as I took it (her heart) out. It was so red, not a speck of blackness. Golden light radiated from it. "I love you, Peter Pan." Amalie smiled. I stop trying to hold back the tears, and I let them fall.

"I love you too, Amalie." I cried, cupping her face in my lap. "So, so much."

My heart ached as I held her heart in my hands. I heard her gasp and I looked down at her eyes, the beautiful light starting to fade. That's when I realized I couldn't let this happen. She was worth dying for. That's what love was. And I strongly believed that all would be well as long as I had her with me.

And I push her heart back in her chest.

*~~~~~*

She gasped and looks at me. "Peter?"

"I'm here, love, I'm right here." I smiled as she sat up. "I couldn't do it."

"Y-you're glowing..." she whispered.

I looked down at my arms and legs. I was truly glowing. She stands up as I am lifted up. The golden aura shoots from my chest all the way around Neverland. I saw the seas calm, the trees grow greener, heard the mermaid's singing, and saw the remaining fairies fly up from their hiding spots. Was this the last I'd see of Neverland? Or had I saved it and myself by sacrificing my selfishness?

I landed next to Amalie who was crying happy tears. "You did it, Peter, you did it! You saved yourself and Neverland!"

The old Peter Pan would smirk and say "I know." or "Peter Pan never fails." but what came out of my mouth was completely different. "You're here...you're okay!" I embraced the love of my life.

"Yeah, I am." she smiled as she hugged me back. She bopped the back of my head. "Where's the ol' 'Peter Pan never fails'?"

I smiled at her. I put on my smirk. "Peter Pan never fails."

"Isn't that right?" Amalie smiled up at me. "I knew you could do it. And you found the loophole by yourself, Peter!"

My mouth formed a grin. "I was guided by love." Love is a weapon, I guess. But only some are able to wield it.

Amalie kissed me. "And to think I thought that kiss could be my last." she laughed.

I smirked. "I guarantee, it neither will this one."

"I love you, my Peter Pan." Amalie smiled at me. Her brown eyes met mine and I smiled at her.

Before I went in for another kiss, I laughed and said:

"I know."

WHEW! *wipes sweat* what did i just write omg! #starwarsreference!!!! Panny's a hero now! whoop whoop lets party! one. more. chapter. and. then. Just A Dream. is over. MAYYYYYBE I'll do a sequel, but I doubt it....let's see how many votes I get on the story in total, and then ill decide....