And We're Off To...Home?

Final chapter! I'm just gonna say thank you, you Guys are the best readers I could ask for and OMG we have come such a long way from only 20 reads to now over 1K! So, thank you all so very very very much! Ilysm ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The celebrations have been going on for a week now. In my eyes, it's somewhat rather tiring. But I can't help but be happy and celebrate with the Lost Boys. But are they really 'lost' anymore? They have found their places in life. Everything happens for a reason, which I know now, and am grateful for. If I was in control and not life, I would never have met the man of my dreams...wait, can I really call him the 'man' of my dreams if we are eternally young?

My thoughts are interrupted by the one I was thinking about. I smile over my shoulder at him. "Penny for your thoughts?" Pan hands me a shiny penny. I laugh.

"I'm just thinking about how happy I am that we are all okay." I say softly as he hugs me from behind. I giggle as his nose tickles my neck.

"Of course we are. Peter Pan never fails...unless I was with out you." Peter says in my ear as we lookout from our treehouse balcony.

"Whatever would you do without me?" I tease.

"That, I have no clue of. I'd be gone without you, for sure."

I turn and face him. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I say, "But you aren't. You're here, I'm here, and we're all okay."

Peter smiles and his forehead touched mine. He smiles. "What?" I say.

"I love you." he grins.

"And I you...." I say, dragging the word out as his familiar smirk comes on his face. "Oh don't you dare!" I squeal, not having time to move away as he tickles me and swings me over his shoulder.

"Just like old times." he laughs.

I pound on his back, laughing. "Let me down you big lug!"

He flies over to the top of the treehouse, our little spot where we can now watch the sun rise and set. I smile as he gently puts me down.

"You little-" I'm interrupted by a kiss from Peter.

"You know you love me." he smirks.

I wag my finger at him. "Don't test me," I joke.

We both sigh in the comfortable silence, which Peter soon breaks. "Amalie, would you ever want to go home?"

"The thought used to cross my mind...not so much now. How could I explain everything? How could I leave? I was shot with the dreamshade coated arrow, remember?"

"You told me then there was a loophole. Turns out, there is." Peter looks into my eyes.

I sit up. "What?"

"So you do want to go?" Peter says, and I am shocked because I can't read his emotions.

"If only to say goodbye to my friends...but Peter, would you come with me?" I ask.

He looks wary. "I must, mustn't I? And Amalie, if you want to stay...I will let you stay."

My heart stops. "What? Peter, you'd let me go?"

"I feel like I've taken advantage of you. Leaning on you too much. That's not equal." Peter won't meet my gaze.

I let out a small laugh. "Peter, love is patient, love is kind. You lean on me some, and one day, I know I can lean on you."

"If you are happier home, then you should stay there. I want you to be happy with your life, even if it means you grow old. But if you stay home, I still must come back here." Peter says.