Chapter 18

Brooke's POV:

Competition time....

"Alright group, duet, trio, solos" says Abby.

I go and get dressed in the group costume. Its beautiful, light blue silk dresses, with rhinestones in a sash formation across the chest.

I apply some pretty white eyeshadow, and bright white lipstick, which looks kinda weird, but Abby did it so, we stand out.

Mom puts my hair, in a curled bun, then has two parts in the front angling your facial features.

We approach back stage, and i can see the ambition in Nicks eyes. He kisses me at the end, because we fall in love, so its a pretty big deal for him, but honestly I'm interested in someone else.

"NOW WELCOMING, NUMBER 103 WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN". Nick glides onto stage, and takes his place center stage. His baby blue button down, shines perfectly in the lighting, brooke what are you thinking stop!!

The music starts and nick does a leap, queuing us on to do leaps. We spin in a circle, while he turns making eye contact, with only me. Why is he doing this?

After the circle, we all do a synchronized routine, in unison. Then nick takes me hand, and i do a front aerial, then into a chin stand. I kick my feet back, and roll on the balls of my feet up, and place my hand on his shoulder. He lifts me up on his shoulder, then i roll onto his back, while placing my feet on his shoulders, and lifting my self into an overhead lift, i then put my left leg in the air, and perfect the pose. He looks up, and stares into my eyes, while i send my right arm into a diagonal pose.

I get down from the lift, and side down his chest, the other girls strike their ending poses, and nick dips me,

Then we kiss.

He stares into my eyes, while he kisses me on the lips. The enjoyment and passion is sent from his lips to me, sending sparks in my stomach, but why is this happening, i can't like nick!

He pulls away, and we make our way off stage, while the audience, gives a standing ovation.

"You did amazing, brooke" says Nick, staring into my eyes. "Thanks, you too" i say. I pull my hands, out of his, and run back to the green room, with Katherine.

I get ready for the duet, i hope it won't be awkward.

I put on a beautiful dark purple silky dress, with jewels along the chest, and waist line. I then walk out, and mom gasps. "Brooke you look beautiful" says my mom. I spin around, and then slide on my tan slippers. "Brooke you look stunning" says Abby. "Thank you" i say. "Now let's put your hair, in a low ponytail twist" says Abby.

I brush out my hair, and put it in the ponytail twist, then put some light gray make up.

Nick and i walk back stage, he's pacing on the other side, and i can see him from the wings. I stand in the second one back, and he stares into my eyes. Then he looks down, and sighs, what have i done, with our friendship?

"NOW WELCOMING NUMBER 45 WITH WHEN I WAS YOUR MAN". I glide onto stage, and take my beginning pose.

The music starts and nick and i do a lift, then i hop down and walk away. I do a leap, into a roll on the floor, then a chin stand. I roll out of it, and do a back handspring, then a right walkover. He leaps to me, and try's to grab my hand, we do a routine in unison, then i do a side aerial, into a kneel. Nick kneels on opposite stage and bows his head, while i exit stage. The music ends, and the crowd goes wild.

"Brooke you did amazing" he says. "Thanks not to bad yourself" i say.

I walk back to the green room, and prepare myself for my solo.

The song is entitled Skinny love, its such a strong piece that during practice Abby cried.

I put on yet another costume.

Its a pair of white skinny leggings, with see through parts around the left shin, and right thigh, with jewels all around. Then it has a white bra top. And a cut sleeve silk off the shoulder blouse, that has rhinestones.

I slide on my shoes, and get ready for hair. I put on white makeup, with red lipstick. I then put my hair, in a low loose bun, with a white flower head piece.

I head backstage, and start stretching.

"Now welcoming #126 Skinny Love" i glide onto stage.

The music starts and i start in a chin stand. I the rollout of that and do a leap left stage, then into 12 pirouettes, which i get a standing ovation. I then do a side aerial, and a series of jumps, leaps, and acro tricks. I then do a hunched back, and put my left leg almost directly above my head, then a back walkover, and a leap into a hunched back again, which is my ending pose. I turn and see almost everyone in tears, i glide off stage, and the audience is silent. 'Did i do something wrong' i ask myself. Then the crowd bursts into an a standing ovation .

I take a seat back stage and watch Katherine. She did amazing!

Now time for awards......