Chapter 7 (Hermione)

Who knew Draco Malfoy could be so amazing? First he takes her in his arms to comfort her while she's crying, then he kisses her twice. And after the second kiss... Then, even after making passionate love to her, he asks her to go out with him. What did she do to deserve this?

As Draco led Hermione to the Slytherin table, she felt more nervous than she's ever felt.

"What if they don't want me there? I mean, I'm the Gryffindor Princess, the mudblood," Hermione whispered.

"Don't you dare call yourself that wretched word," Draco growled. "I wish I had never taught it to you. Hell, I wish my father had never taught it to me. You're more than just your blood. And if you're that uncomfortable, I'll just show Em to Blaise then we can go to the Gryffindor table."

"Thanks."

They finished their trip to the table, and Draco introduced Emily to Blaise Zabini, and they then walked over to the Gryffindor table where the group sat across from Ron Weasley.

"What's he doing here?" Ron snarled.

"He's changed, Ron. Draco isn't the old ferret anymore. Now he's the new and improved ferret two point oh," Hermione giggled at her own joke.

"Whatever you say, Hermione," Ron shook his head, probably trying to figure out what the two point oh meant.

The rest of the dinner went by silently till Ron asked the most unpredicted question of all.

"Did you sleep with him or something?"

Hermione nearly choked on her food, "What!?"

Draco merely grinned.

"You did, didn't you?" Ron repeated. "You slept with him."

"Ron, I haven't even been in his room," Hermione said.

"Hermione," Draco chuckled. "You're so nieve. He means sex."

Hermione blushed, "Oh... Um... Yeah... About that..."

Ron sighed, "I was hoping you'd deny it. I guess you're not the good girl you used to be."

"Weasel," Draco started, but changed his words at a glare from Hermione. "I mean, Ron, she was crying, I held her till the tears stopped, then we kissed and got a little to carried away. I'm sure if she was in her right state of mind, it wouldn't have happened, right, Hermione?"

"Yeah, sure," Hermione said as the repercussions to what happened finally started to sink in. "I'll be right back. Don't kill each other."

"Where are you going?" Draco asked.

"The loo."

Hermione rushed out of the Great Hall, and found her way to the nearest bathroom, the most private place to check with the spell. Placing here wand on her stomach, she muttered, "Ovulerto." A pink light washed over her midsection, and she swore. She wasn't ready for this.

Heading back to the Great Hall, she wondered how she was going to tell her friends that she was pregnant with Draco's child. Hermione expected Draco and Ron to be at each others' throats, but was surprised to see them laughing.

"What's so funny?" Hermione asked.

"We were talking about second year when I tried to make him eat slugs," Ron laughed.

"And the look on your face when it backfired," Draco added.

"It was priceless," Ron finished. "Best was fourth year, though, when Moody turned Draco here into a ferret."

"Oh gods, don't remind me of that," Draco stopped laughing. "I was the laughing stock of the entire school for a whole month."

"Yeah," Hermione added, giggling. "Draco Malfoy, the Amazing Bouncing Ferret. Hence you being, the ferret."

Draco mock glared at them throwing Ron back into a fit of laughter as Hermione sat down. Hermione had a sad look on her face, which caused Draco to kick Ron into silence. He nodded towards Hermione, and Ron got the message.

"What's wrong, Hermione?" Draco asked.

Hermione looked down and placed her hands on her stomach, "I always thought it couldn't happen the first time."

Putting Emily in his left arm, Draco placed his right arm around Hermione and pulled her close, "It doesn't matter. I'll take care of you."

Hermione nodded.

Clueless, Ron asked, "What's going on?"

Draco shook his head telling Ron that now's not the time to ask. Just then, dinner ended, and Draco handed Emily over to Hermione explaining that he'd see her in the common room, and asking Ron to make sure she gets there.

--------------------------

I know I'm the queen of short chapters, but now we get to see Draco's worries, and something no one else knows about him except one person. Hope you like this.