Chapter 16 (Draco)

A few weeks later, exams were over, and everyone in seventh year was graduating. Hermione had showed off her ring to Ginny and Ron the day after the proposal when they visited, and even Harry joined, but he still avoided Emily referring to her as something that shouldn't exist. Hermione was angry with him, but dealt with it because nothing could ruin her happiness except one thing.

*Flashback*

Draco watched Hermione as all three of her friends left. Once they were gone, Hermione sat on the couch, and silent tears began to fall from her eyes.

"What's wrong, Hermione?" Draco asked.

Hermione looked up, "My parents, they won't know about any of this. I won't be able to share any of this with them."

Draco remembered then about the fact that Hermione's parents didn't remember her, and he also remembered what had happened to them because of the Dark Lord. The day Hermione told him about what she had done to her parents, she showed him a picture of them. He had told her then about what his father had done.

"I'm sorry, Hermione. If there was anything I could do, I would."

"I know you would, Draco. That's why I love you."

Draco smiled and excused himself to talk with Professor McGonagall.

"Professor," Draco began. "Is there any way I could animate one of Hermione's muggle photos so that she could talk to her parents?"

The older woman had smiled and told him the spell he needed. After receiving the spell, he ran as fast as he could back to the dorm and into Hermione's bedroom. He grabbed the photo frame Hermione kept on the desk and muttered the incantation.

"Who are you?" the man in the photo asked.

"I'm Draco Malfoy," Draco replied. "I animated you in this photograph so that Hermione would be able to talk to you. She misses both of you a great deal."

"Oh Hermione," the woman wailed. "I wish she hadn't removed our memories of her and the wizarding world."

"How is it you remember now?" Draco asked. "How do you know what she did?"

"I think I can answer that," Hermione replied from behind him. "When you cast the spell to make them able to speak to us, your memory of my telling you what I did gave them the knowledge. Also, as a picture, they remember everything that ever happened to them, including what your father did."

"Oh, I just wanted to give you your parents back. So that you could share this time with them."

"Thank you, Draco."

*End Flashback*

The school year was over, and Hermione was going home with Draco. The pair had decided to officially adopt Emily, and they were a family.

Narcissa welcomed Hermione into the family with open arms, and Lucius had no choice in the matter as he was in Azkaban about to recieve the Dementor's kiss.

-----------------------

Well, my lovely readers, that's the end except for the epilogue. I hope you've enjoyed the story overall. 😏