Chapter 19

Happy new year, you little cupcakes!

Finally, after three months. I'm really sorry for letting you guys wait for so long but here it is. The final chapter of "The Butterfly-Effect" and therefore the final part of Colby's story. For now. ;)

I want to dedicate this chapter to each and everyone of you as a thank you for joining me on the journey of Colby and for supporting me in this whole thing. I'm really grateful for every reader, for every vote and for every comment. Thanks a lot for reading this story and for reading "New Girl" as well. You guys have been the ones motivating me and the stories and ideas some of you shared with me inspired me essentially for the whole plot. So thanks a lot for being a co-writer in this as well. After all this is not only my story, but also yours.

Since I don't plan on just disappearing for a couple of months again and your opinion is important to me, I'd like to ask you for any wishes. If you've got any story suggestions, I'm open for anything.

Now, without further ado, enjoy the last chapter of "The Butterfly-Effect" and the first chapter of the new year. 

Lost of love,

Maeggaey xx

Five years later...

I walked around the flat, looking at every wall, every corner very closely examing what was left of what once was here. From the dark outline of the bookcase which was sat against the cream colored wall to the now empty spot, formerly occupied by the vase Anna bought as a crappy last minute present, on the windowsill. I stood still on the spot where our first couch stood just a day ago, the floor now illuminated by the sunshine flowing in through the window. To part with this flat means leaving behind all these troublesome years and therefore all the bad memories. From the lies, to the heartbreak. From the heartbreak to the empitness. It was a relief. To finally be able to leave everything behind, to finally move on. On one hand, at least. On the other hand it also meant letting go of all the good times. From the first New Years party to the first day we shared as a legally married couple. 

God... That day... Whenever I thought of it a face eating grin spread on my face, my heart taking up the speed of a racecar and tears brimming at the corners of my eyes. Saying yes back then despite everything was the best decision I'd ever made. I still remember the day as if it was yesterday. The excitement, the way my knees went weak walking towards the altar knowing that just a thin piece of fabric and merely a couple of feet  seperated the face of the woman I loved with all my heart and me, the way her voice broke the moment she said 'I do' and the tears of happiness flowing down her rosy cheeks. It surely must've been the best day of my life. But it honestly wasn't. There was only one day which was a billion times better. And said day was the one after our wedding day. The day when everything became real. The day when the rush of excitement ended, when reality set in and all I felt was pure bliss, knowing that now I could call the love of my life mine. Knowing that the woman laying in my arms was my wife. Not my girlfriend, not my fiancée but my wife. 

I remember waking up to the smell of her perfume, strands of her hair had fallen into her face during the night. Her lips were slightly parted, her breathing steady and calmer than ever before. Our fingers were intertwined and our legs tangled, both of us desperate to feel each other's touch, to feel the proximity which now seemed even stronger than before. I remember looking down at her left hand, the golden piece of metal which would now bound us for eternity glistening in the morning sun. I remember the way my breath hitched and the way my heart skipped a beat. It was the first time I felt complete bliss. No worries. No problems. Just bliss. I was at ease. And no words in this universe would be enough to accurately describe how I really felt in that moment of realisation. I could attempt to describe it, to somehow make people understand it whenever they ask how it felt to be married but whenever I tried I couldn't find the words. Every attempt at describing it was more unsatisfying than the other. The words bliss or peace would be the words coming the closest to how I felt.Maybe even sprightly or simply overwhelmed. All I could tell them would be that it was marvelous in hopes of them having at the littlest clue of how it felt.