Chapter 13

Hey you beautiful people!

Sorry for not updating for so long, I was just really busy with school and work that I barely had any time to even think. I also had no idea what I could write and that was just a real bummer.

Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to my little nugget because she kind of helped me over my writer's block. Thanks a lot and I hope you like this. ;) <3

Have a wonderful week,

Maeggaey xx

________________________________________________________________

»Uh... Well... That's-«

»Oh! I know! That's one of those books where you can insert your own name, isn't it?« Sam smiled excitedly, staring up at me with wide eyes.

»Yes!« I practically shouted. »That's exactly what it is.« I tried to form a smile which most likely turned into some kind of grimace. What was I doing? Was I seriously lying to her? Lying to my girlfriend? It was one thing to hide the diary from her. But now lying about it...

I felt the guilt eating away at me, my heart - which already dropped to the bottom of my stomach - sank even further than it already did. This... This wasn't me. Hiding things from my loved ones, lying to them. How could I do this? Lying to the one person that loved me with everything they had, the person that handed me their heart on a silver platter without second guessing. When did I became this person...

»That's so cool! I've always wanted a book like this! And it seems to be such a cute story, too! You really have to let me borrow this once you finished reading it. I'd love to find out what happens. Hopefully there's a happy ending.« She grinned, putting down the diary on the night stand. Oh Sam... If only you knew... »Anyway. Anna asked if you wanted to go to the park with everyone? They want to have a picnic.«

»Sure, why not? But could we visit the graveyard before we go home later? I haven't been there in ages.«

»Of course. I know how much you want to tell Mary about everything that's going on.« The brunette threw me a small, sad smile before she got up and walked towards the door. »I'll go and tell the others. Be ready in five.« With that she left my room, leaving the door open. A sigh of relief left my lips as soon as the sound of her footsteps faded.

»Thank god...« I whispered to myself, quickly throwing the diary back into my bag. This thing is going to be the death of me. It's only a matter of time until Sam finds out. And hell... I don't even want to know what she's going to do once it happens. She'll probably leave me for keeping this from her. If it was only a diary, things might turn out different. But this... This is so much bigger. This is Bianca Anderson's diary. The girl Sam despised the most, the girl that harassed me for years, the girl that caused my first heartbreak. To this day Sam doesn't know who my first girlfriend was. She told me that as soon as she found out who it was, she'd hunt her down and hurt her the way she hurt me. And to find out it was actually Bianca... She'd be furious. I couldn't let that happen. But this diary will destroy everything. Unless I'll be able to make her forget about it...

»Colby, are you coming?!« Anna shouted up the stairs.

»I'm coming!« Without taking a second glance at the bag, I grabbed my jacket and ran downstairs into the living room, where my whole family as well as Jessica, was waiting for me.

»Finally! The princess decided to leave her chamber and honor us with her presence!« Josh rolled his eyes, earning a smack on the back of his head by Jessica. »What was that for?« He grumbled.