Chapter twenty-two

Maddilynne's POV
I give them a smile as they stand there glaring at me.
"Hey guys"I say an Caine takes a step towards me.
"What the hell are those"he asks pointing to my face.
"These?"I ask cocking my head to the side pointing to my piercings.
"Those are the things I told her not to get"Zachariah growls an I look at him an smile.
"I am of age to sign for myself to get any piercing I want"I say crossing my arms above my huge belly.
"That's not the fact maddilynne I told you no"he says firmly an I shrug.
"What is wrong with you"Zachariah asks an I laugh and they look at me confused.
"My problem is you"I say looking at him.
"What did I do"he asks an my anger rises.
"What did you do? Let me refresh your damn pea sized brain you are the one that said 'when I let you do what you want things happen' while gesturing to my children!"I yell with tears in my eyes my emotions are everywhere.
"Maddi didn't mean it like that"he sighs an I shake my head.
"I don't want to talk about it I'm done"I say walking upstairs an into my room an sitting in my window sill seat.
I know you probably think my window is right across from jakes an we can open our windows an talk or he can climb over. No. My window is right across from his brothers room I think I've seen enough play boy magazines to last me a lifetime. I'm pretty sure I've caught him looking into my room when I've had my curtain open but the most he's seen was when I had my shirt pulled up to put lotion on my belly. I sigh an rub my belly as I sit crisscrossed with my window open a bit to get a breeze. I hear a song an look at my phone an see a text from Jake.

From:Jake💀
Hey buttercup you still alive?

To:Jake💀
Yeah I'm alive.
I text back an set my phone down an walk over to my stereo an plug my tablet in an hit play on my playlist an turn it up. The only person this pisses off the most is, you guessed it Zachariah! I close my door an walk back an pick my phone up.

From:Jake💀
I can hear your music from my room buttercup.
To:Jake💀
I'm teaching you what good music is.xx
I text back with a laugh an toss my phone on my bed an walk into my closet an grab a shirt an pair of shorts an get dressed behind my door an walk out. I hear the beginning of my favorite song playing I smile an start singing along an remember I have to clean my cheeks. I walk into my bathroom singing an start cleaning them an moving them to get them clean. I walk out singing.
"Oh, so come get this dick
When you need that fix, yeah, that medicine
I know you like like this when you get that itch, adrenaline
Heart beating outta ya chest
And when that pressure's building I got what you need, come fuck with me
And when you get that feeling,
I got sexual healing." I sing swinging my hips to the beat as I brush my hair an braid it. I hear my phone ring I turn my stereo down an pick it up an answer it.
"What do you want Jake"I say as I sit on the bed laying my hand on my belly.
"So you got sexual healing"he asks with a laugh.
"Wouldn't you like to know"I fire back .
"Well ain't you feisty tonight buttercup"he says an I can see that smirk.
"I've told you stop calling me that"I say with a huff.
"An I've told you not happening"he says an I mock him. I look at the clock an see it's only three and I'm bored.
I sigh "I'm bored"I say to him an he chuckles.
"What do you want to do"he asks an I shrug like he can see it.
"I don't know I mean there isn't a lot I can really do"I chuckle looking at my belly with a smile.
"How about a walk"he asks.
"With an ice cream stop"I ask an he chuckles.
"Of course"he says and I smile.
"Okay I'll be out in a minute"I say and hang up an grab a pair of sweats an pull them on over  my shorts grabbing my phone an wallet turning off my stereo an walking downstairs. I don't see Zachariah or Caine but I see Zaine in the living room.
"Hey is it okay if I go on a walk with Jake"I asks an he looks at me.
"Yeah but be careful and be home by dinner and keep your phone on an on you"he says I nod an kiss his cheek then slip on my shoes an walk outside. I walk down the steps an see Zachariah getting out of his car.
"Where are you going"he asks an I look at him an shrug.
"Maddi I don't want you out running around"he says.
"Why cause things will happen? Like getting pregnant? Oh wait"I say an turn walking down the driveway an to the sidewalk an over to Jake's to wait for him. I see Zachariah shake his head an go in. I know it seems that I hate him but I really don't I love him but what he said just hit something an bothered me really bad. I know I'll forgive him but I don't know when.
"Buttercup"I hear an I snap out of it an see Jake looking at me concerned.
"Oh sorry"I say an blush.
"You okay"he asks an I nod an we turn an start walking. We talk as we walk an I feel his hand grab mine an butterflies go through my stomach.
I look at him with confusion.
"What"he asks after he caught me looking at him.
"Why are you spending your time with me when I'm sure you have girls that would come on your beckon and call"I asks an he chuckles.
"Because I don't want to waste my time with them"he says an my cheeks flush.
"But why me I'm gonna have two kids soon why would you want me"I ask then realize how it sounded.
"I mean I don't know if you like me but I was ju-"I ramble as he cuts me off.
"Buttercup calm down"he says an stops walking so I stop.
"I know your about to have two kids but that doesn't change who you are an yes I do like you and I'll still like you when you have your babies"he says looking at me.
"What about what the kids at school say"I ask an he shakes his head.
"It doesn't matter what they say"he says an I nod an we start walking again. I couldn't help myself an I blurted out the question on my mind.
"What's your secret"I ask then look away.
"Never mind I'm sorry I shouldn't ask I mean it's your secret after all"I say as I feel the heat rise in my body.
"No it's okay"he says an I look at him.
"Jake really it's okay you don't have to tell me I shouldn't have asked"I say an he shakes his head.
"Before I moved here I had a girlfriend an yes that's who becca was"he says an I nod biting my lip.
"Well we dated for three years an I was falling in love with her more an more"he says an I could feel my stomach turn an I slip my hand out of his an he looks at me.
"Was falling in love with her until she ruined it"he says an takes my hand back in his an I blush again from embarrassment.
"There was one day she just completely went crazy an said I was cheating and that we were done but I never cheated i don't cheat on women it's disgusting I asked her what she was talking about and she showed me a picture and it was of me kissing another girl"he says an I get confused.
"I looked the picture over and over again I finally realized that it was a picture of me and her and someone photoshopped it to make it look like another girl I explain this to her and she refused she said no it wasn't her. I even showed her the same photo that was on my phone that clearly showed it was her but she still didn't believe me.I don't know how many days I cried for"he says an I look at him sadly.
"But one day I was determined to prove to her so I went to her house an to he room since her parents weren't home. I walk into her room an she was there screwing my bestfriend. She got up an started to apologize an I just walked out" he says an I look at him shocked.
"Later that night she came over and tried to explain an I asked her why she was doing it when she thought I cheated to begin with. Then her whole attitude changed an she was yelling at me again. I finally found out that she was the one that photoshopped the picture because had been cheating on me for three months with my bestfriend an thought it'd be easier to blame it on me. She told me she never loved me and that I'd end up just like my cousin"he says I look at him sadly.
"I'm sorry"I say an he looks at me an smiles.
"Don't be if it didn't happen I wouldn't be here"he says an I smile.
"But how do the kids at school know about becca"I ask.
"Because the first year of us dating I lived here an she would come here to visit family then my dad got a job promotion where she lived"he says an I nod biting my lip.
"Stop it"he says pulling my lip from between my teeth with his thumb an I can't help but blush again as we walk up to the small ice cream shop.
Now the real question is....

Do I want vanilla or strawberry?