Fairytale, As if!

Much had changed since I had met the blonde haired lavender eyed fellow I had met a week before my eighth birthday. In fact almost everything had changed, and I wish I could go back to those simpler times from when I had first met Mattie. It had been nearly ten years since I met Matthew Williams, and needless to say it was obvious, I had the biggest crush on this guy my whole life, ever since I met him. For me life wasn’t just shits and giggles anymore, Mom and Dad’s marriage went down the drain a few months back and that was pretty hard on me, then it comes to find out that I had been raised by my godparents? What?! Well it happened, and I guess it happens. I don’t know what I would have done without Mattie; he’s been the light of my life and the savior of it as well. When Mom and Dad started fighting, that’s when things got pretty bad for me, I blamed myself, and Dad blamed me as well, I thought I made the right decision staying with him but once I was thirteen the bruises became harder and harder to cover up.

Staying with my father just to stay with Mattie was probably the stupidest ideas of my life! Matthew already had enough on his plate, doing his best to make both of his brothers happy, and proud. But Arthur was too difficult to do that, so having a girl live with them would just make things worse for both me and Matthew. Dad started coming home night after night drunker than Gilbert or Ludwig on a good day. I had become so used to it that I too even fell into drugs and alcohol, I didn’t know what else to do, Matthew was always too busy, and I didn’t have any other friends, I remember the night I moved out, it wasn’t hard to remember, sticks out like a hunter in the woods.

I was in my room playing my violin and dad walked in and put his hands all over me while I played, that was it there, no more of this crap I’m out of here, I’m done, I’m out! I turned on my heels and heard a sickening crack as my violin had broken against his head. He fell to the ground with a rather loud thud. At first I thought and hoped he was dead but he was just unconscious, unfortunately. I grabbed a suitcase from my closet and stuffed my clothes in it, I was going to get out of the apartment, I hoped that Mattie would finally be able to be there for me again, I looked in my dresser and stuffed what clothes I had left in a trunk then put the suitcase in the trunk along with my broken violin. I stormed out of the apartment throwing my key at the concierge.

“I’ve had enough with that son of a bitch!” I screamed and ran down the road. Matthew lived a few towns over but I had a job and a lot of money saved up, I’ve been saving up for three years since I started working. I ran out of the apartment and to the closest train station. Once there I insisted I get a direct bullet train to the small town Mattie was living in. I got on the train after paying and put my trunk in my small room on the train.

“Excuse me miss, is anyone sitting here? All the other compartments are full,” The young short haired girl, asked. I looked at her and attempted a smile, but ended up failing.

“No you can sit here, where are you headed?” I asked politely. I gestured to the seat across from me and the little blonde girl sat down. She wore a red dress with ruffles and a little blue ribbon in her hair, she dressed differently than me; I wore skin tight skinny jeans with bleach stains as a design with knee high purple converse high tops with periwinkle laces, I wore a black shirt that hung off my shoulder that expressed my love for Hollywood Undead. My hair was getting rather long and my bangs hung in front of my eyes my hair was tied in cute loose pigtails that I had curled before Dad Came home. 

“Kitty, I’m home!” I heard him say in my head. I can remember back before the divorce, before my life was torn away from me, could life get any worse?

“Oh I’m going to see my big bruder,” She said shyly. As if I was really interested to see or hear what this kid had to say. I was naturally a nice person, persistent when it came to school; in fact I was the highest ranked female in my class, the school, maybe even the whole district. I am back up to my one hundred five percent average; I outsmarted most of my teachers, going to school, was practically ridiculous, let alone unnecessary.