2 years ago

Charity's POV

*2 years ago*

'Hahahaha, Mum, dad stop it! Hahaha.'
Me, Dean and my parents were in the car on the way home to our pack house. Mum and dad are singing out loud to Union J's Carry You. Singing badly might I add.
It was dark outside and Dean, my 16 year old brother was busy texting his newly found mate, Devene. I find it funny how both their names start with a D. The spirits truly did a good job by putting the two of them together. 

I know it's been a long night, but now I'm here it's alright

I've done my walking in your shoes

We'll take each step together, til you come back to center

You know that I know the real you

'Stop guys, you're so embarrassing.' I told my parents.

'Oh come on, stop being a kill joy and join in' Mum whined at me. I laughed and sang along to the rest of the song.

And when the vision you have gets blurry

You don't have to worry, I'll be your eyes

That's the least I can do, cause when I fell, you pulled me through

So you know that

I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you

So you know that

I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you

Like you’ve been running for hours and can’t catch your breath

The demons are screaming so loud in your head

You’re tired you’re broken you’re cut and you’re bruised

But nothing’s too heavy just hold on, I’ll carry you

I’ll carry you

So you know that

I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you

So you know that

I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you

So you know that

I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you 

Dad laughed and looked back us smiling. He shook his head and turned back around only for mum to scream.

'DAAVIIIIIID, LOOK OUT!' The car suddenly swerved and dad lost control. I jerked forward and hit my head on the front seat. I felt the car crash and tip over. Glass shattered everywhere and some pieces stabbed me on my arms. 

'AGHHH!' I cried, there was a piece of glass digging into my eyes. I couldn't move. 

'Mum, dad, Dean?' I whimpered. I heard a groan. I looked to my right and saw Dean moving. My neck was strained and it hurt to move.

After 10 or so minutes I heard the police and ambulance sirens in the distance. 

'Dean, please speak, Dean, mum, dad?' I heard numerous footsteps come towards the car and I vaguely saw a pair of feet next to my shattered window. The person squatted down and I winced at the bright light shining in my eyes. 

'Miss, are you conscious?' the paramedic asked.

I groaned in response.

'OK, I need you to hold on sweetheart ,OK? We're going to pull the door handle and undo your seat belt. You'll be fine. The door will open on the count to three OK?' I nodded my head and he started to count.