Preparing for the Blood Rile pack

‘CHARITY! GET YOUR BLIND ARSE DOWN HERE NOW!’ I pressed the button on my bedside clock.

’11:24am’ Crap! I ran down the stairs forgetting about the blackness. I tripped on the middle step of the staircase and fell down the rest of the stairs and landed face first on the wooden floor.  I groaned and felt a rough hand pull me up. 

‘Hey, you okay?’ I heard Dean next to me. I shoved my arm out of his and walked towards the kitchen, ignoring him. How dare he come up to me and ask if I’m okay. He treated me badly for the past 2 years, and now he asks me if I’m okay. Pshh, yeah right!

As I was cooking breakfast I felt a stare on me. I made grilled bacon strips but forgetting where the grill was I burned my hand. I yanked my hand back and waved it in the air in pain. My wrist was hurting really bad and I searched for the cold water tap. I found it and turned it on. I put my wrist under it and screamed in pain. The water was boiling hot. Tears were falling from my eyes and I heard a number of footsteps coming towards me. I felt a hand wrap round my cradled wrist and a soft hand running its fingers over my burn. I whimpered and the hand led me to somewhere and soon I felt cold water running on my burn. It felt nice, a little sting, but nice.

After 2 minutes, the hand was still on my wrist and the water was no longer running. I felt a pull on my hand and I stretched it out towards the person. I felt a plaster being put on and the hand was no longer on my wrist.

‘Make sure that doesn’t happen again, I’ll put braille on the equipment and stuff, you know braille right?’ I nodded my head realising the owner of the hands was the future Alpha Xavier. He let out a sigh and retreated backwards towards Dean, third in command who is Jake and the pack warriors. I carried on cooking but listened in on their meeting.

‘OK, the Blood Rile pack is coming here in a couple of days, they are our enemies, they’re Alpha is cruel, cold and ruthless when killing. We are trying to solve our problems with a meeting and hopefully we will negotiate and they will accept our terms.’ I froze for a second. The Blood Rile pack is coming here. I will have to make more than twice as much food as their pack holds more than 300 wolves and our merely holds 250. I thought of everything I could make within a couple of days. I’ll have the help of Chef Antonio at least. What would they like? I’m guessing lots of meat and vegetables. Wine and beer maybe? I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn’t hear the future Alpha call my name until a loud bang entered my ears.

‘CHARITY JADE, ANSWER ME AT ONCE’ Alpha Xavier growled. I flinched back and apologised.

‘I seriously don’t understand how she’s your sister Dean’, that hurt. I felt my heart break I two when Dean didn’t say anything but mumble incoherent words.

‘As I was trying to say before, the enemy pack is coming over here in 2 days’ time so you need to prepare food for at least 100 of us. Fortunately not all of our packs will be in the meeting so you can make food for less. There will be 50 of their best fighters including the Alpha, future Alpha, beta, future beta, third in command and the future third along with the pack warriors. Make sure plenty of meat is available and they don’t know you’re blind and they shouldn’t do, so don’t make any mistakes, or your head will be on the line. Got it?’ I nodded quickly before I could even absorb all the information. The meeting was finished and they left the kitchen and told me to call them when brunch was done. I decided to add burgers and make chips (Fries) for them. I got going and after one and a half hours, brunch was done.

I walked outside the kitchen and tried to find the pack.

‘Is it done?’ I heard a voice. I nodded my head and went upstairs.