The Bloods

Charity's POV:

After what seemed like hours, Zander finished packing my belongings. I was panicking on what to tell Devene, she's the only one who gave two shits about me. Will Zander let me see her or worse, does he think she's in on this too? Questions were running through my mind and once Zander took my hand, I came back down to earth. He led me downstairs to where the other pack members were and commotion could be heard between the two packs.

'She will not leave, she belongs to our pack, to us!' Alpha Xavier exclaimed, he was already pissed off. Was he talking to the Blood Rile pack, or anyone in general? I dunno.

Silence filled the room when we walked in hand in hand. I felt Zander's chest runble as he growled loudly. I flinched as I didn't expect it.

'She is my mate. Mine. She is also now the Luna of the Bloods so she will come with us whether you agree or disagree, you understand, pup? And I think Charity would rather go with her mate and a loved pack, rather than stay in this abusive hell hole where she's an Omega. She'd pick us any day.' I hated the fact that they were talking about me as though I weren't in the room. I coughed and I could feel multiple stares on me.

'Err- he's right, Alpha Zander and the pack come first. He's my mate and I'm their Luna, I have a new responsibility. I must go.' I tried to sound sincere so they would let me go, but it didn't go down so well.

'Charity, you can't leave us. I'm your brother, what about Devene? She's been taking care of you ever since the accident, you can't leave. I won't let you leave.' My anger riled up as fast as you can say 'werewolf'. How dare Dean say that? I squeezed my mate's hand. My mate sounds right.

'BROTHER?! YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE DAMN RIGHT TO CALL YOURSELF MY BROTHER?! HAVE YOU LOOKED AT YOURSELF LATELY? A BROTHER LOVES, YOU HATE. A BROTHER PROTECTS, YOU ABUSE. A BROTHER CARES, YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT AND FINALLY, A BROTHER STANDS BY HIS FAMILY THROUGH THICK AND THIN, NEVER LEAVING THEIR SIDE. YOU? YOU WERE - NO... ARE- NEVER THERE FOR ME, YOU AND THIS PACK BLAMED ME FOR MUM'S AND DAD'S DEATH, I LOST MY SIGHT, BUT NONE OF YOU WERE THERE FOR ME. YOU ABANDONED ME. ONLY DEVENE LOOKED AFTER ME AND CARED. You know what... I feel sorry for Devene, she has to have you as a mate, i actually pity all of the unmated males' mates. they have to join this reckless pack. I'm glad i'm leaving and you are not my pack. The Blood Rile pack is. I've sucked it in all these years, I never said anything, it was all bottled up and I held up with your abuse, but now that there's a chance for me to leave, I'm not letting it slip out of my grasp. Bye.' It felt so good to get that off my chest. I knew it was coming and I don't regret it. Never will.

I heard loud sudden footsteps coming down the stairs and a familiar voice.

'Char? You're leaving?' Devene. I held out my arms for a big bear hug and I was enveloped into one. Tears shed out of my eyes and down my puffy red cheeks. Something wet fell on my shoulder and I knew it was Devene. She was crying too.

'I'm sorry, so so so so sorry Char.' Devene whispered so only I could hear it.

'Devene, no, it's not your fault. You had no say, but I want to say thank you. When everyone turned against me, only you stayed by my side and you were the only one to wish me a happy birthday on my sixteenth, no one else did, not even Dean. You are, and always will be, my bestest friend.' I smiled at her and let go, kissing her cheek goodbye. I linked my fingers with Zander's, it felt right. We went out side and Zander stopped.

'We came by wolf, so you need to shift.' I nodded my head and found my way behind a tree. I stripped down and tied my clothes to my ankle, and shifted into my wolf. Coming back out, I whined and I felt stares on me. Zander was what I presumed to be widening his eyes as he gasped in surprise.