The riddle

Charity's POV

A few days had past since the first dream. Zander. Is that how he looked? Is that how I looked? Every night, the dream occurs but a little more is added. I guess this was my way of sight. I hadn't told anyone yet but each day, I would look forward to the dream. Except tonight's. Last night the dream ended by Zander coming into the room and telling me my baby girl was gone. She was kidnapped. After that I woke up sweating like a pig. If this is what fate has for me, I will change it. Fate can be changed, destiny can't and this is certainly not my destiny. I will not let my baby girl get taken. 

*The next day*

Over the past couple of days, Zander is slowly drifting away. I don't know why but my wolf howls in agony when he leaves for pack business. I can't do much without him, he always led me down, outside, wherever. I miss his presence. I've just been wandering upstairs on this floor as I can't go downstairs.

Zander's pov:

My beautiful mate, I still can't believe she's here with me. I know that I've drifted from her, but I can't stand being next to her and going slow. My wolf has been on bay wanting to come out and take her but I know better. She'll never forgive me if I take her. I sighed and continued my alpha business when the door knocked.

'Alpha, your mate is demanding that she sees you, she's in hysterics right now.' My beta said. I got up as soon as he said the last bit.

'Where is she?' I commanded

'Where she's been for the past couple of days, upstairs in your room'

I growled at the thought. I stalked upstairs and heard her shouts from the stairs.

'Zander, get over here now! For god's sake! I'm starving and I haven't felt your presence in two days!' Wow! She is pissed off.

'Shh, shh, Charity I'm here.' She turned around but looked in the wrong direction.

'You imbecile! How could you?! You left me here with no one!' she stalked forward and held out her index finger in the air.

'Charity, you're pointing your finger at the wall, I'm more towards your left.' I stifled a laugh. She turned and her eyes stared directly in mine.

'You think this is funny, do you? I've been stuck up here for two days, you haven't even been her to help me! I can't go downstairs and I haven't felt anyone's presence either! I'm starving and it feels as if you don't even give two damns about me!' She shouted. I could see her eyes starting to glaze with tears. I didn't know she felt that way. Starting to feel guilty, I walked over to her slowly and embraced her in my arms as she released the tears.

'I'm so sorry, baby girl. I didn't know you felt that way, please forgive me?' I stroked her hair whilst her head lay in the crook of my neck. I felt her nod her head and I sighed in relief. 'Come on, baby, I'll take you down and you can eat.' I took her porcelain hand in mine and my other hand went around her waist whilst I led her downstairs. 'I got you, baby.' Slowly we went down and her grip on my hand tightened with every step. I knew she was hesitant. 'Don't worry, baby girl' I cooed in her ear. She relaxed slightly and we made it down. I pulled out a chair and lifted her into it. 'What do you want to eat?' I asked

'Ermm... whatever you're having, anything that's edible to be honest, I don't care.' Charity replied. That made me even more guilty. I had starved her.

'OK, I'll make us a bean and salsa wrap.' She just nodded, making me sigh. I got all the ingredients together and started to make the wrap. After 30 minutes, they were both done. 'Here' I handed the plate to her and her fingers felt around for the food. She took it in her hands and made a bite. Moaning, her eyes closed and she took another bite. I stiffened at the sound. Blummin' hell. 'Hunny, don't do that.'

'What?' Her eyes opened.

'Don't moan.' I said

All she did was laugh. 'Hahaha, you're turned on aren't you? Haha. The big bad alpha is turned on by a moan!'

I growled and lifted her up. Her legs wrapped around my waist, making her eyes widen.

'Ermm... Zander...' I cut her off by placing my lips on her neck. She craned her neck more for better access and she moaned once more, making me tighten my hold on her upper thighs.

'Baby, do that again and I will take you on this table. I know you're not ready yet but my wolf is at bay and he wants to take you right now so I suggest you stop.' She whimpered but her eyes opened and she nodded her head. I put her back down on the chair and she ate as if nothing had happened.

After she ate, I took her hand and led her to the forest. 'Do you want a run?' I asked. She nodded her head and went behind a tree to change into her wolf. Coming back out, she sniffed out my smell and came over to me, rubbing her fur on my leg, telling me to shift. I moaned as I felt her fur but shifted anyway, tearing my clothes. Oops. I nudged her wolf, motioning her to run forward. My wolf was in the mood for a chase, and with that she ran off, only to smack right into a tree. Oh yeah... I quickly ran to her and shifted back to human form and picked up her wolf. Whimpering in pain, Charity nuzzled her head in my neck and licked it. She never learns.

'Charity' I moaned. Her wolf growled and snipped at my neck. Looking down in confusion, I saw her wolf stroking my chest with her head. Hahaha, cute, ad without a minute spared, she fell into a deep slumber.

*Charity's POV* My wolf was purring in delight as I was carried by my mate. Getting comfy in his muscular arms, I dozed off.   *Dream*   There I was standing, looking at myself lying motionless on a hospital bed with a crying Zander clutching  my  hand and crying. Only specs of colour could be seen, other than that, it was all black and white. 'Charity, please. Come on, baby girl, wake up.' Zander sniffed. 'I'm right here!' I screamed at him, but her couldn't hear. I looked at myself and screamed at my body to get up. 'Come on Charity, get up! Go to mate!' But nothing happened. I walked forward and noticed something on my eyes. A bandage. What happened?   A few moments later, the doctor came in. 'Son, I'm sorry, but we have to take her off the machine.' Zander stood up and growled.

'NO. SHE IS ALIVE AND SHE WILL WAKE UP! OR I WILL DIE!'

The doctor looked down in submission and quietly left.  Machine? What was he talking about. Only then did I actually look at myself. I was attached to a life support machine. My eyes glossed over in panic I shouted again. 'WAKE UP, CHARITY! YOU'RE NOT DEAD! WAKE THE HELL UP!' That's when the machine gave out and beeped. I flat lined. 'NOOOOOO!'.

 Zander shook my shoulders as tears streamed down his cheeks. Multiple doctors and nurses barged into the room and pushed Zander out. They tried to resuscitate me but it didn't work. The doctor from before looked at the nurse and nodded. 'Call the time of death' he said and walked out the room.

Seconds later, there was a dent in the wall. A punch from the other side. Zander barged in and broke down. 'Why? WHY? HAVEN'T I GONE THROUGH ENOUGH? DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE MY MATE FROM ME, FATE? HEY! ANSWER ME?!' He looked towards the sky angrily.  

Just then, everything changed.

'As darkness shadows the light, then and only then will visions be clearer for all to see. Light and darkness will combine to produce a new heir. A new fate. A fate that can change destiny. The light of diamonds will pierce through the darkness of the skies and then the saviour of our world will be brought down to Earth. As the darkness fades, a new era will be born and light will shine through everyone's eyes.' A voice said. I looked around but saw nothing but darkness.  

*dream ends*

I woke up breathing heavily and felt around. My hands came into contact with a warm object. 'Baby girl, I wouldn't keep my hand down there if I were you.' Zander huskily whispered. I jumped up in surprise and my cheeks heated up. Arms wrapped around my waist and my body was laid down on top of Zander's. 'Go to sleep, love. It's three in the morning.' His fingers played with my hair and after a minute or two, my eyes gave in and I fell into a dreamless sleep; only wandering what the voice meant.  

  A/N: Sorry for the REALLY LONG wait. I was trying to get SY7W5OBINM completed before coming back to this one. But what did you think of this chapter? Yay or nay? Tell me what you think by commenting below.  Love ya,                      Priya  xx