Complications

Previously:
I turn to him fully. Well it's now or never...

"Look Harry, I-
__________________________
Draco
"I need to tell you something. I would completely understand if you hated me or never wanted to be my friend again, but you deserve to know the truth of why I've been acting the way I have."

I gulped and looked down, my fingers fumbling and sliding due to the sweat that was steadily building on his palms. The room had suddenly became a sauna; I expect if was some cruel twist of karma for the hell I have put my best friend though in the past few days.

Harry grabbed one of my hands and looked into my eyes. Confusion, curiosity and care shone from those emerald orbs that I had dearly hoped I would one day be able to say were part of my boyfriend. And now those words shall never leave my mouth.

As I continued to gaze into them, I slowly leaned forward subconsciously. I hadn't realised until my lips were on his. As he froze in shock, so did I but not for the same reasons. I felt overwhelmed by the little lighting shocks that went down my spine. I felt complete in a way that I never even realised I was missing from. In that split second where our lips met, my life had been turned upside down. Everything was now Harry. He was mine. He must be mine.

But he has Severus... Why would he need me?

I pulled away quickly, leaving the kiss as a peck on the lips more than anything else. My mouth moulds into the words I want to say, but no voice comes to accompany them. Finally I catch up with myself and all my thoughts are organised.

"Im so sorry, Harry."

"I-I don't know what to say..."

"You don't need to speak. I-it was a mistake..." My voice faded away as I forced the words from my mouth. He doesn't need me... I turned away, not being able to bear looking at him. At the perfect skin and the small stature which fitted in so perfectly with mine when we hugged.

A whine came from behind me and it made my defence weaken. Sensing this, Harry came up behind me and buried his face into my neck. I swallowed. Another, quieter whimper came from him and I broke.

Spinning around as fast at an impossible speed I recaptured his lips in mine. It was perfect, and then to top it all off I felt him respond just as eagerly. We shouldn't be doing this. He has a mate. He has someone else. Even though these thoughts plagued my mind, my body did nothing to try and move away. I was no longer in control.

Don't worry about him. He will understand. I feel the same way to you as I do to him. You're my mate and best friend. I need you. Always.

I jumped in surprise when Harry's voice filled my mind. I broke the kiss and stared at him.

"How am I you're mate? You have Severus."

"I don't know... I'm as confused as you are but I know how I feel. This is exactly the same as with Sev. I guess I hadn't realised because I- I kind of liked you last year... Like, really liked you. And then this whole magical creature thing happened and you started to ignore me."

"I liked you too. Are you trying to tell me all this time we could have been together?!" I laughed.

Suddenly I picked him up, spinning him around while he laughed. I place him down reluctantly, but still kept him encased in my arms.

"We need to... to get more information on this. A person having two mates is extremely rare. I only heard of it in stories as a child." I whisper to him. Harry nods him head in agreement, never once letting our eyes loose contact. No matter how clear he was that Severus would be ok with it, I couldn't help but feel nervous. What if he didn't want to let me in? What if he kept Harry from me?

Soft arms wrapping round my neck brand me out of my thoughts.

" Draco you need to stop worrying! It's all fine. I have you and Severus, I love you both unbelievably and no I don't love him any more than you. To me you are both equal. To me, you are both my dominants."

"And I love you, my mate."

He reached up to capture my lips again and something deep within me gave a purr of happiness. It just added to my confusion but the beautiful boy in my embrace was more important. Whatever it was could wait.

We stayed like that for what must have been 10 minutes before we parted and spent the next couple of hours on the large armchair by the fireplace that had magically appeared. Thanks Room of Requirement.

I couldn't have been happier than i was at this minute. Harry in my lap, cuddled into my chest while we talked of how we would deal with the situation.

Of course we'd have to tell Dumbledore or as we now call him Dumbledouche after Harry explained to me what had happened at the infirmary before. It made me furious and I almost went to kill him (something I wouldn't usually do or have ever become so angry I have wanted to commit murder, but something inside me was pushing for it) until Harry pleaded with me not to.

And of course how to explain what had happened to Severus...

Eventually we came up with a plan that I hope will work.

I don't know what I'd do if I lost Harry now.

The fire crackled and roared gently in front of us giving a warm glow to our faces and heating out body's, protecting us from the cold winters night.

Suddenly the door burst open and a dark silhouette loomed in the shadows curling round the door into the room.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"