Nice One Draco.

2 weeks later
8:32 am

Thomas Riddle (or as he is more popularly know- Lord Voldemort) stalked through the stone walls, decorated with portraits that shrunk back in fear. The weren't afraid of the man, no usually they welcomed him warmly, however today crimson fury radiated from him- and no one wanted to be on the other side of that.

Each step echoed against the bare wooden floor that lead to the Great Hall. Every fresh 'clop' drew the large oak doorway closer until a precise flick of the wrist flung it open revealing four packed tables decorated just as he remembered.

Tom didn't speak a word nor make a noise. He simply continued his path towards the potions teacher as the cheerful buzz diminished into a fragile silence as if the smallest breath could shatter it leaving more sharp edges to cut into you.

In the far corner on a table dressed with red decorations, a brunet shrank in his seat and the blonde next to him bowed his head as the "Dark Dungeon Dweller" stood in greeting to the familiar man that had disrupted breakfast.

"Severus Snape."

Said man's lip twitched and he swallowed.

"Tom-"

"I never thought that I would have to have you of all people castrated. Pity, I'd began to think of you as family."

Obsidian eyes widened slightly, most composure visibly lost now save for the clench fists holding tightly to the last scrap remaining.

"Aren't you going to say something? Defend yourself?"

Silence.

"Where is my son then? Locked away ready to be used? I don't see him at the Slytherin table so he must be."

At this point a murmur would have spread through the hall if this were like any normal interruption but the breath that was being held by all the students stopped the words escaping.

"Now Tom, don't you think that is enough? Harry is here, my boy-" Dumbledore began in his usual fashion but the stupefy held back any further comments.

"I'll give you one last chance Snape, purely as I'm letting myself recover from the journey and need something good to laugh about before the dirty business begins."

"I never thought it would happen-"

"That isn't and excuse"

"I know, but for me to truly tell you I must be honest and with honesty comes a large amount of unnecessary irrelevant stupid comments because that is how my brain functions. I never intentionally sought after your son, but nothing now could ever make me go back and change it. It's been out of my control and seemingly in the hands of someone who truly knows what I need. Never in my life have I been happier than in the days I have been able to say your son is my Mate. I love him with my whole being."

Severus, although nervous and fearful to tell the man informs of him things that even Harry didn't know, grew like an oak tree. He remembers his roots, the things that grounded him and gave him the support to branch out and grow ever move powerful with each word.

In Harry, his roots were anchored.

Harry gave him the nutrients he had been missing before to grow, knowing exactly what he needed.

Harry, who was so intricate. Delicate in some ways, easily breaking away from the soil or weaving up out of the soil and exposing himself in small amounts to those who really look.

Harry.

Tom stared for a while. Deciphering the words, twisting them, bending them, manipulating then to find the lies and the excuses, the evidence that he has hurt his son.

Nothing.

Jaw clenched and eyes flickering slightly, Tom Riddle sighed a long deep sigh of relief/exhaustion/reluctance/acceptance.

"Perhaps we should talk more in private." Suggested the pale lips, twisting around each word.

"Yes" replied bitten, bloodied lips from where teeth had previously worried them incessantly for the past few minutes.

The next surprise came from the Gryffindor table. Two students, both mentioned before to have been hiding from sight now stood watching the scene warily ready to accompany the adults. So far they were unseen, yet their time was short lived as ruby eyes flickered across the room.

"Father. I- I suppose I- well, we should come with you. After all this concerns me as well. It's kinda the reason you're here."

"So you are... never could stop causing me trouble. Always had to have some drama even as a young child." Chuckled Tom teasingly. His eyes looked lovingly at Harry.

"Come along then son."

Harry practically raced to catch up with the elder men, dragging Draco behind him who was still looking pale with fear but had perked up considerably after the show of affection Tom gave Harry.

-----------------------------------------
The group made their was to the room of requirement. The air was tense however the shortest Brunet had a slight bounce in his step and his hand was interlinked with the hound Blonde.

The room soon accommodated them, creating a calming living room with comfortable sofas.

"I do have one quick question before we begin. Son, why were you sat with the Gryffindors?" The Dark Lord inquired as he settled himself in a sofa covered in bright cushions.

"Oh... um- well. The houses have changed since you came here. Inter-house relations are encouraged... and after having most of my lessons with the Lions since first year it's hard not to make friends with some of them." Harry explained trying to show his father that things were different at Hogwarts now. To show him that he was also maturing, if there was no childish rivalry perhaps his father would accept his new life and relationships more.

That was until-
"We were also trying to hide from you, I'm so sorry sir!"

Nice one Draco.