Secrets are revealed

3rd person
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Echoes of the words swam around the room, filling the boys with shame and regret. They had been caught, but even though they weren't doing anything wrong, the authority the voice held sent shivers racing down the backs of the boys spines and a yearning to curl in on themselves to get away from the person.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy! How dare you? I thorught that we had raised you well enough that you knew not to go around having affairs with other people's mates!"

Lucius Malfoy in all his glory stepped into the minimal light of the room which was only emitted from the fire and five candles that dripped wax down the sides like tears running down a face or a waterfall that crashes into the jagged rocks beneath. The candles never burnt out, a handy trick an old wizard had discovered while studying the effects of wax on cauldrons. However, the dim glow did nothing but enhance the furious atmosphere Mr Malfoy's presence brought. A mixture of disappointment, relief and fury rolled off the figure in waves, drowning Draco who desperately tried to rise to the surface for air, fighting against the stronger force that was pulling him down into the ocean of guilt which was about to suffocate him.

The cerulean eyes looked up at his father as another rant visibly brewed within him ready for another round of parenting.

"Severus called me after Harry had been gone for 2 hours. Then he realised you were gone too. The poor man is physically sick with worry over the pair of you! Especially you Harry, surely you know you need to keep close contact at the beginning of your bond. What are you even doing? I'm warning you now boys, there had better be a fantastic explanation for this!"

"He is also my mate" came a small but determined voice. This came as a relief to Draco's ears and triggered the instincts that he had so carefully and purposefully restrained for the past day.

He stood and placed Harry back into the chair before launching himself at the (what his mind had called) threat to his mate. Without realising, large charcoal wings burst from his back, ripping his shirt and leaving a handful  of long silky feathers which  fluttered to the ground with far more grace than the creature whom they had come from. Said creature had now began to prowl menacingly to his father or "threat".

Fortunately, even though he had been taken by surprise, Lucius knew what to do to clam his son down. All his questions had been answered and the anger had left him completely now being replaced by a surge of happiness and shock.

The Malfoy's had a rich history of Veela blood which had unfortunately ran dry at Lucius' father. Even though he wasn't one, traces of the blood remained in him and now, it has become clear that the Blacks must have had some too. Not that surprising, but still unknown. So here was his son. A veela. Who had found his mate. Who just so happened to be Lucius' best friends mate also. And the son of his other best friend.

Ok so maybe Lucius didn't quite understand after all. But right now...

Swishing of a wand and the mumbling of a quick enchantment brought Draco down, frozen and restrained. Harry leapt from his seat and checked his mate for any harm. After assurance he was fine, Harry stood and looked at Lucius.

"I guess we should go to Madame Pomfrey for help?"

"Yes Harry, I do believe that would be for the best. I have some tests I wish to be run."

The older wizard levitated his son off the ground and whisked out of the room to the infirmary, shouting "Go and get Severus" behind him.

Being left there in the Room of Requirement, Harry took a minute to process what had just happened.

Oh merlin, how will I explain this one to Sev?
»•«   »•«     »•«     »•«    »•«

How? Something must have triggered the gene to become active... Draco had never shown any signs of being a Veela as a child.

The older Malfoy pondered over his thoughts for a while as he sat in the uncomfortable chair Pomfrey and insisted he sat in while she performed the tests and diagnostic charms she needed to.

"Mmmhhhmmm...."

"Yeah...?"

"Uh huh"

"Wow helpful, Pomfrey"

"You watch what you're saying Malfoy" she chuckled.

"Well do you know what has caused it to become active. I mean it usual as for two generations it's been dormant."

"I believe that it may have been the strain on the pre bond Draco and Harry made and perhaps Severus. Within all people who have Veela blood, including you, there is the ability to form strong relationships and bonds with people. Now Draco has a strong friendship, and most recently a love for Harry. Also Severus was seen as a parental figure. Now when the potions accident happened and Harry and Severus became mates, the bond was strained. Quite a lot in fact. Your son had realised there was no way for him to have his soul mate, even if he didn't know this yet. So the Veela blood was awakened by his body in an attempt to keep those bonds and to have his soul finally complete by his mate. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah... But one thing. What about his bond with Severus? What happens there? Will he feel romantically to him?"

"Yes and no. Severus will no longer be seen as a guardian or parent, but not quite as the love of his life either. He will be recognised as the other mate and thus treat him as so. The same goes for Severus, though I'm not too sure are there is little we know on his creature. They will all be happy and fine Luc. Don't worry. Nature always makes things right, as we can see here."

She unfroze Draco after a sleeping Draft was given to him, leaving him asleep on the lumpy bed.

Lucius looked down at his son, sighing. He had sent an owl to his wife explaining all he could. She replied that she would visit tomorrow, have a test for Veela blood to see if that could have effected Draco.

The boy had returned to normal after an hour and now the blonde hair was fanned out across the pillow like a halo.

His thoughts wondered to Harry and Severus. They should be here soon. Has Harry told Severus? How did Sev take it if he has? Why hasn't he if not? I'm not going to tell him. I actually value my life to much to get murdered by an angry dominant.

As the starts began to fade into the dawn and pink blossomed on the horizon, the new day was full of promises of happiness, confusion and a heck of a lot of drama.

Good luck to us...