Chapter 11: Date Night

This chapter is dedicated to @vid12babe for nominating my books to Wattpad's Best Romance Novels list!  Thank you!

"Sienna what are you doing? It looks like a tornado blew through here," my mom hollered over my music.

In an attempt to find an outfit for this date I had thrown almost every piece of clothing I owned over my shoulder where it landed helplessly on the floor amidst the clutter.

"I don't know what to wear," I groaned and sat back on my heels, completely discouraged.

Turner told me that day at school to wear something "nice". What did that mean? Nice for me was a formal all out dress, but no one, not even Kristen, was ever going to wrestle me into one of those again.

"Wear for what? I haven't seen you stress about what you were wearing since the first grade," my mom seemed thrown off by this whole situation.

"Well you see, I sort of have this um, dinner with this uh guy." I looked down at the shirt in my hands and started fumbling with one of the buttons.

"Sienna are you saying you're going on a date?" my mom's face broke out into a huge grin.

"Yes mom I am going on a date, and I have no idea what to wear. Please help me," I begged. I wasn't telling her who I was going out with, and thankfully she didn't ask.

"I have been dying for you to ask me for fashion advice for years" my mom was almost giddy. Once I gave her the okay, it was letting a little kid loose in a candy shop.

After five minutes of digging through the carnage that was my closet, she had assembled something I would never have chosen myself, but seemed suitable for this kind of thing.

She assembled a pair of black leggings with zippers on the sides, some floral patterned white top, and my leather jacket. For shoes other than converse she had to venture into her own closet, producing a pair of wedged black booties.

It wasn't anything close to what I normally wore, but I had to admit she did a good job. I actually looked like I had some fashion sense.

The doorbell rang. I finished my minimal makeup and ran downstairs and out the door before my mom could see Turner. Thankfully my dad was working late.

"Wow, you" he coughed and scratched the back of his neck, "you look great."

"Thanks," I tucked a piece of curled hair behind my ear as a shy smile spread across my face before ducking into the passenger seat of his car. "So where are we going?" I attempted to keep things natural.

"That is for me to know and you to find out" Turner answered slyly.

"Are you always this suspicious?" I enquired.

"I used to be a well behaved angel, but then I met Jayden and Mason in second grade and they brought me over to the dark side. I've been suspicious and mischievous ever since," Turner wasn't afraid to laugh at his own joke.

"You three have been friends for ten years?" I had no idea their friendship was rooted that deep.

"Seems like longer. They're like the brothers I never had. I know it's hard to believe, but I'm actually the responsible one. Keeping those two out of trouble is a full time job," Turner shook his head and glanced over at me out of the corner of his eye with a huge smile on his face.

"Mason's suspensions can be a handful. He'll be lucky if they let him graduate."

"Between Mason's plans, and Jayden's willingness to go along with it all, and the fact that he's constantly tripping and breaking things, I'm surprised they aren't caught more often," Turner pulled up to the restaurant. He placed his hand on the small of my back as he led me inside.