Epilogue

"You know I love you Sienna, but right now I hate you for insisting I be here at the crack of dawn," Mason walked into the conference room and collapsed into the plush chair next to me with a yawn.

"I just want to go over our pitch one more time. If we get this deal then you can sleep all afternoon, and I promise it will be worth it," I slid a Dunkin coffee over to him as I tapped my pen on the desk and poured over my notes one last time.

"How did we get stuck pitching this to both boards let alone at the same time. I still don't think putting them all in a room together is safe for anyone?" Mason muttered as he loosened his tie. At twenty three years old he still couldn't stand the days that he was forced to wear a suit to work. His once shaggy brown hair was now cut neatly and swept back with gel. He'd grown into a handsome guy, which just made all the women he met twice as disappointed when they noticed his wedding ring.

Mrs. Clarkson was currently the governor's campaign manager for the upcoming election, and had a natural knack for the job that was already earning her job offers from other politicians. Of course Kristen loved any job where she could carry around a clipboard and organize people all day. She even planned her own wedding a month ago, and if we're being completely honest I swear she missed the chaos and planning of it more than she missed being the bride. I didn't expect I'd be an aunt any time soon. Mason and Kristen may have married early, but they were still set on establishing their careers before they started a family. Kristen, as usual, had a very specific plan.

"Maybe because it was our idea? Just because our dads are finally on board with the merger doesn't mean they would fight for it well enough to convince the boards of each resort to go through with it," I explained to him for what felt like the thousandth time.

After we both graduated from our respective colleges with degrees in business, Mason and I had joined our fathers in managing their businesses.

"I know I know. On the bright side if we convince them to combine Blue Ridge and Echo Park it'll be like Hell Week every week," Mason smiled at the idea as he spun around in the chair like a child. Safe to say some things never change.

I wasn't nervous that Mason would be unprepared for our pitch because he was a natural at this kind of thing. Even in college Mason would spend his time goofing around and snowboarding while I was up late cramming in the library though we both ended up with similar grades.

Unfortunately a hip injury ended my college snowboarding career in the middle of my junior year season, but it gave me the extra time to pick up a second major and travel to see more of Mason's races.

I was pulled away from my notes when a husky's wet nose started nudging at my leg.

"Good morning Roger. How are you buddy?" I gave the adorable dog a good scratch on the ears. Since Turner's parents were empty nesters they spent most of their time traveling around, which is why Roger had been living with Mason for the past year.

Turner was still in the marines after five years, but he was due home for a few weeks at the end of the month. We'd made the long distance thing work for a little over six months, but we were apart for such long stretches of time that we mutually decided it didn't make sense anymore for a couple our age. We were still friends and I saw him every now and then when he came home. We sent countless letters and talked on the phone regularly in the beginning, but lately I was lucky if I talked to him once every four months.

"How's Jayden been?" I asked as I tossed Roger a treat from the container on the counter. Mason brought him to work constantly, but being the boss's son no one really questioned him. Besides with all of our late nights lately as we got this pitch ready it was too long for Roger to be home alone.