Chapter 26: Family Time

In this chapter, Zaya is a 15 year old rebellious teen, Dan Jr. is 10, Lauren is 6, and Leah and Lena are 5.  Riley and Julia have a 6 year old daughter named Kiara, a 4 year old son Riley Jr, a 2 year old daughter Kinzy, and a baby on the way.  Christina and Eliott have 6 year old Eliott Jr, 4 year old Kyle, and 3 month old Matthew.  Carly and Jack have 9 year old Christopher., 4 year old Marissa, and 1 year old Carter.

---Zaya's POV---

I watched my dad treat the others as his own.  I wasn't his.  My mom was with another guy and got pregnant.  He cheated on her and she left.  Dad got rid of him.  I went out with my friends.  We were sitting around at the park, drinking.  The cops showed up and we all ran.  I hadn't drank anything.  I guess it's just who you hang with.  I kept running I was tackled to the ground and pepper sprayed.  My eyes burned.  My sight came back slowly.  I saw my mom and dad both blurry.  My eyes hurt.

"What'd you do?"

"She ran and fought back."

"Yeah right."

"Daddy..."  I whimpered.  He lifted me carefully.

"Her and her friends were drinking."

"I was not.  I was walking by and stopped to talk to them.  You pepper sprayed me."

I woke up a wash cloth over my eyes.

A month later, I was at school.  It was the first day and I was new.  My family and I moved because dad had a better job offer.  I was at the main office getting my schedule.  A scent hit my nose.  My mom was hybrid.  Her wolf died and so she was only half vampire.  I was hybrid too.  I could smell his sweet blood.  My wolf screamed mate.  I looked up and saw this hot Greek God.  His eyes met mine.  He looked me over.  I got my schedule and turned and left.  I was walking when I slammed into someone falling to the ground.  Everyone laughed at me.  I found my locker and put everything in it except my pencil case, a notebook, a folder, and my book I was reading.  I shut my locker and someone connected their hand with my things causing me to drop everything.  "Oh look a new toy."

"Leave her alone."  The guy helped me pick my things up.  My fangs peeked through and I clamped my mouth shut.  I got to my first class sitting in the back.  The guy walked in and took a seat beside me.  "Hello."

"Hi."  I said looking up at him.

"I'm Vincent."

"Zaya."  I said shaking his hand.  Shocks flew through our fingertips.

"It's great to meet you."

During lunch, I sat down with members of the pack.  Vincent came and sat beside me.  A few girls came by to flirt with him.  My throat was dry and in need of his blood.  "Vincy, you promised you would sit with us.  Why her?"

"She's new and she's my best friend."

After school, I sent mom a text.  "Found mate.  My thirst is killing me."

"I drink from your dad baby.  I'll talk to him."  I walked into Vincent.

"Sorry."

"You're thirsty aren't you kitten?"  he said sliding his finger down my cheek.  "We are mates.  Being my mate means you need to drink from me.  If you go on a date with me this Friday you can drink from me now."

"I don't even know you."

"You know my wolf and I want to get to know you.  You need blood, baby."

"Where would we go?"

"Pizza?"

"Okay.  Sounds good."  he leaned enough.  I found his pulse and licked it.  I gently bit down.