Chapter 30: Meeting the Brother's Mate

This chapter is about Dan Jr.'s mate and the family's reaction to a shy secretive 15 year old girl.  It will go through a variety of POVs.  Note- this is a year after Vincent and Zaya decide about having a baby, but wanting to wait until after med school.  Zaya is on the verge of graduating early, so a baby is to come.  Another note-  Dan Jr. just turned 16.

---Zaya's POV---

Claire and Jason managed to talk me and Vincent into babysitting their 4 month old on date night.  Not what they had planned as a result date night was moved to later in the week as long as we didn't have to babysit again.  I was bottle-feeding 4 month old Aliya when Vince came in after working out in the garage.  He was 23 and with my cooking he needed to work out.  "Hey sweetie."  he said giving me a kiss.

"Hey.  You look good."  I said and  he smiled.

"You smell good."  he said kissing my cheek.  "I'll be down in a minute and make us some dinner."

"Okay."

Jason and Claire arrived and picked up Aliya.  I was washing dishes when Vincent came in he wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled his nose into my neck and shoulder.  "You are meant to have a baby in your arms you know that?"

"We are waiting until I graduate bozo."

"I know.  It's still nice to think about."  I splashed him with cold water and he chased me.

We then had an argument about having a baby all over again.  It resulted in him leaving me there upset.

Morning came, I was finishing breakfast when Vince came home.  "Have fun on your little date?"

"What?"

"You know what?  I have class and I'm exhausted.  I was up all night crying.  You've been mad at me before, but you've never stayed out all night with a whore."  I left slamming the door.  My cell rang when I was half way there.  I checked the ID and answered it.  "Hi mom."

"Hey baby.  How are you?"

"I'm in a very bad mood right now."

"Why?"

"Vincent and I had another fight and he left.  He was out all night."

"No call or anything?"

"No."

I was driving home after I fell hurting my head.  I shouldn't have been driving, but Vincent wasn't answering the house phone or his cell phone.  My vision grew blurry.  I pulled over and called Uncle Jack and Aunt Carly.  "Hello?"

"Aunt Carly?"

"Zaya?  What's wrong?"

"I need help.  Vince isn't answering the phone.  My head hurts so bad.  My vision is getting blurry."

"Where are you?"

"I'm in front of the park."

20 minutes later, Uncle Jack arrived with an ambulance.  I had a bad concussion which caused a bad headache.  The lights were off and my eyes were covered with a towel.  There was a soft knock on the door.  "Who is it?"

"It's mom and dad."

"Come in."  my mom kissed my cheek.

"Hi sweetie."

"Well, Zaya, last night when Vincent left he was getting protection when his brother called.  His father had a heart attack.  He didn't receive a call because he was at the hospital.  He left his phone at home.  I told him you were here and he said he would be here soon."