The Truth...

When I Woke Up, I Was Laying In The Safety Of A Hospital Bed. Mind Blank, With My Eyes Blurry As Hell. I Looked Around For A Sign Of Life...

"Sweetie Are You Okay?" My Mom asked gathered beside the bed.

I Closed My Eyed & A Tear Rolled Down My Almost Pale Face, I Felt My Moms Hand Brush The Tear From My Face. I Could Tell In Her Eyes That She Knew What Was Really Going On. She Kissed My Forehead.

"Yes Mommy, I'm Okay" I responded.

I Wondered Where Roc Was, I Could Hardly Remember What Happened.

"Roc Is Outside Sitting Down, He's Quite Frightened & Worried About You Rachael, He Doesn't Know, I Want You To Tell Him Yourself." Mom Said.

I Felt My Stomach Again, My Mother Didn't Know Me & Roc Were In An Affair. She Didn't Even Know He's The Father. She Just Assumed While She Was Gone, We Met Up & Done Some Things Together. Mom Told Me If I Had Ever Gotten Pregnant That She Would Kick Me Out. I'm Guessing She Had Thought Twice About It. She Smiled At Me & Sat Down As The Doctor Made His Daily Entrance Of Check-ups On Me. But Noticed I Was Up.

"Well Hello Sharniece" He Said Loudly. "You Took Quite A Tumble Down The Stairs Little Lady...."

"Stairs? What? , I Didn't Remember Any Of This"

"Luckily You Didn't Hurt The Baby" He Said.

I Grunted In An Ashamed Way & Looked Around. My Mom Told The Doctors I Had Fell Down The Stairs But Really, She Was Covering Up For Roc Because He Was A Bit Scared.

"Do We Know Who The Father Is?"

The Doctor Asked, Looking Around.

A Lump Got Caught In My Throat, But I Managed To Speak..

"YES" I Said, I Do...Know...

"We'll Who Is It?" He Asked..

I Pointed In The Hallway To Roc, As He Sat Down With His Head Held In His Hands. The Doctor Looked & Then Looked Back At Me.

"Does He Know?" Doc Asked.

"N-No, I Don't Know How To Tell Him" I Said.

I Didn't Know How He Would React, What Was Going To Happen Next...

"Could ...Could You Tell Roc To Come In Please? & Give Us A Second?" I Asked.

My Mom Left , Shaking Her Head At Roc. Doc Left Long After.

I Was Pretty Sure I Was Pregnant & My Mom Would Sure Enough Kick Me Out The House. But I Was Prepared.

Roc Came In With A White T-Shirt & Black Pants w/ Silver Studs On them. My Body Wasn't Hurting Anymore, So I Began To Make My Way Up From The Bed To Him. He Ran To Me & Caught My Waist To Help Me Up. After I Got The Hang Of Things I Was Stable. He Sat Down In The Chair & Looked At Me As I Stood In Between His Legs.

"Baby Are You Okay?! I...This Is All My Fault. I'm So Sorry Rachael!" He Whimpered.

"Shhh..Shhh" I Said, Feeling His Cheek & Biting My Bottom Lip & Looking At Him.

He Calmed Down & Breathed Fairly Hard.

"I Have To Tell You Something Chresanto August" I Said, Looking In His Brown Eyes.

He Looked Up & Grabbed My Waist, I Removed His Hands & Placed One On My Stomach As The Baby Started Kicking Again. He Stared At My Stomach & Felt All Over It & Looked Back In My Eyes. His Hands Quivered & He Quickly Removed Them.

"I'm...I'm Pregnant Chres." I Told Him.

He Looked Down In A Disappointed Tone & Stood Up, Shaking His Head The Same Way My Mother Did. I Started To Cry But Tried Holding My Tears Back.

"This Was A Mistake" He Said. & I Looked At Him Seriously.

"But I Am Willing To Take Care Of My Son Or Daughter....Just Like I Have You" He Said Lastly.