Rory Syndrome

Hello, my fellow sufferers. One of my friends, Gallifreyan, has gotten some information on a disorder that will often apply to those with Whovianitis. This is all her work.

"Rory Syndrome is a fandom-centric disorder that seems to revolve around three fandoms in particular, generally known as the 'Big Three'. These include Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Sherlock. The syndrome's name originates from the fictional character Rory Williams, a character from the Doctor Who franchise who has an uncanny ability to return from the dead.

While the origins of this disorder are unclear, the progression of it seems to follow a certain pattern. While some victims may deviate from this pattern, the majority hold to it.

Stage 1 generally starts with the TV show Doctor Who. These are classified as 'Whovians'. At this point, it is still possible to treat the syndrome, it seems. While symptoms here are minimal, they are easily recognizable. Some of these may include minor fangirling, watching the entire show (possibly more than once), and trying to find the classics.

Stage 2 almost always begins with watching Sherlock. Here, victims are known as 'Wholockians'. While it becomes harder to treat, the syndrome is easier to diagnose, having more extreme symptoms. Some of these may include more extreme versions of those in Stage 1, as well as others, such as procrastination, purchasing of fandom products, researching the show's actors, and referring to characters as their 'babies'.

Stage 3 begins with watching the final show of the Big Three, Supernatural. Stage 3 victims are generally referred to as 'Superwholockians'. By this point, the damage is irreversible. Symptoms intensify, as well as others appearing. Some of these new symptoms may include, but are not limited to, random outbursts, sobbing, making everything into a reference, watching everything else their favorite characters have ever been in, and most strangely, an inability to die.

This last symptom has been heavily researched, and scientists have decided it is most likely the body's way of coping with the extreme 'feels', as they are known, which are caused by the syndrome. Many victims liken the feels to having their 'heart ripped out and stomped on after having it torn into a million tiny pieces'. Theories suggest that the body adapts to compensate for these feels, and in doing so, also creates this odd symptom. This symptom is also where the syndrome gets it's name.

While it seems a strange, and possibly hurtful, disorder, the victims offer no complaint as to their circumstances. Most actually seem to enjoy their state. This is perhaps the most disturbing part of it all, and scientists hope to discover a cure soon."