Chapter 1

**********

Lauren's POV: (:

There he is Hunter Pierce with his dirty blonde hair and deep forest green eyes. Just go up to him Lauren; ask him about homecoming tonight. But no matter how many times I said any of this in my head I never got the courage to say any of this to him. He got up and began walking  towards me and I could feel my heart ready to rip out of my chest.

"Hey!" There it was the moment I always dreamed of. I've gone over our first conversation in my head a million times, and here it finally was happening.

"Hey" It came out almost as a whisper, but he walked right past and began talking to Sabrina Woods. I'm such an idiot. Hey everyone biggest idiot in the fuckin world right here. I should make one of those signs that say kick me I'm an idiot and put it right to my back.

"Ready for the big game tonight Hunter?" Sabrina said in her annoying stuck up voice.

"Well that depends will you be there?" Man how I wish he was talking to me.

"Who else is gonna cheer for you on the sidelines." I am currently throwing up in my mouth. Sabrina is well known to be well how do I put this the school slut. She sleeps with any guy at any time, and that isn't even where I should begin about her. She's your typical two face, cake face cheerleader who has no self respect for herself.

**Bing Bing** And that is the lovely sound of the bell letting us know school is over.

"I'll see you later." Hunter said. I grabbed my bag and my book slipped out of my hand.

"Dang it" I mumbled underneath my breath.

"I got it." Hunter bent down and grabbed the book for me and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled at him and turned towards the door.

"Hey Lauren! You coming to the game tonight?"

"Umm yeah." I continued out the door grinning like an idiot.

"Lauren!" I turn my head to the sound of the voice calling my name.

"Hey Georgia" I said giving her a light push. "Guess who I just talked to?!"

"Hunter??"

"Yess" She began laughing which was understandable because this was how I always acted when we talked about him. "Anything with Mcdreamy?"

"Nope,  Andrew he's just confusing. We have English together and we talk it's like talking to you it feels so natural, but nothing." She let out a sign and I felt her frustration, I felt the same with stupid Hunter Pierce.

"Just gotta wait it threw."

"Yeah, I guess so." We walked towards the locker room to get changed for practice.

"Mcdreamy ahead of you." I whispered to her. She kept her head down, but I saw the smile spread across her face.

"Georgia he just looked at you."

"No he didn't shut up." She said throwing her cleat at me.

"First off that was not necessary at all and second he did. While you kept your head down, Andrew was staring at you."

"Seriously" She said closing her locker.

"Yes I saw it with my own two eyes."

"Let's just go."

"I'm not kidding!"

"Whatever you say Lauren."

"GEORGIA I SWEAR!!" We walked outside onto the field to join the rest of our team.

-------

"Well that was fucking brutal" I said falling on the floor once we walked inside the house.

"Tell me about it. Here." She said tossing me a water bottle.

"Thanks." I mumbled chugging down the water.

"I'm gonna shower quick and then you can go." I nodded my head and she walked into the bathroom.

Georgia and I have been best friends for five years now. Her parents took me into their home nine months ago when my parents died. It was just my little sister Avery and I in the house until she got diagnosed with leukemia just a few days after my parents died. I couldn't stay in that house any longer, I had to get out and thankfully Georgia's parents let me stay with them. Money wasn't an issue though with my family; both my parents worked for big business company. But still it was hard and it still is, but I stay strong and stay sane for Avery I'm all she has in this scary world.

"Hey you can shower now." Georgia said walking in brushing her damp blonde hair.

"I'm gonna shower then go see Avery. So I'll meet you at the game tonight."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"I think I'm just gonna go this time, if that's okay."

"No yeah. I told Andrew I'd help him put some stuff up for the game."

"Mmh that's exactly why he asked you to help him to just put up posters."

"Shut up! You smell." I threw my socks at her that I had just taken off and ran into the bathroom before she could do something to me.

----

"Hi miss can you tell me where I can find my sister?" I said walking into my sisters room.

"I'm right here Lauren" She said smiling.

"Avery you've gotten so big!" I said walking over to her bed.

"You just saw me two days ago; I've grown?" She said confused.

"Yes you have."

"What's that?" She said pointing to the bag in my hand.

"Well we just got our new apparel for the season and a little birdy told me you were looking for your jacket." Her face lit up, it was days like this that gave me a reason to keep going. I handed her the bag and she opened it.

"I love it Lauren. Thank you!" I smiled at her. Her light sky blue eyes had a little glisten in them as she stared at her new jacket.

"You're welcome. You know the girls all miss you on the team." Avery used to come to all my games and the girls on the team loved her. She was like our little mascot, so whenever we all bought something as a team we always bought her something too.

"When can I..." She took a breath.  'see them again?"

"Very soon I promise." I looked at her and she looked very weak, more than usual. "How are you feeling Avery?"

"I feel.." Her heart motor began going crazy and the nurses rushed in.

*********

First Chapter of Holding On!!

I'm really excited for you guys to read this book. I've been working super hard on this book and I think you guys will defentily enjoy it if you liked the first chapter.

Comment and let me know what you think, what you liked, or anything you really want!! I will answer any questions for you guys feel free to ask. (: Umm I'll see how well everyone responds to the first chapter and go from there with the next chapter!!

I hope everyone had a great new year! I really gotta start studying for my test tomorrow now so I'll talk to you guys soon!

xxxx