Chapter 13:

Lauren's POV: 

I sat there on the curb. I don't know how long I was there for: maybe minutes, seconds, hours? All I know is that everything seemed to slow down. There was no more music playing in the background, there were no drunk teenagers dancing, there was only silence. Silence is a girls loudest cry for help and silent was what I was when I saw my parents dead right in front of me. Silence spoke for me when my words couldn't. There dead. My mom and dad are dead and it was all my fault.

"Lauren I understand that you really want to go to this party tonight, but I just don't feel comfortable with you going."

"Mom please!" I yelled back at her. "Hunter is going to be there, you know how much I like him. This is my chance!" My mom and I had one of those relationships, I could go for her for everything she was always there for me. But right now she was in parent mom mode; not best friend mom.

"Sweety he's just a boy. You don't need to go to a party to impress a boy you like. There will be other parties."

"You don't get it mom; you don't get how High School works these days. We go to parties, we hang out with our friends, we don't stay in with our mom dad and little sister and watch movies." I said getting really annoyed with her. Why can't she just understand that I'm just trying to have some fun.

"My answer is still no Lauren. It's the holidays and if you think you're too cool to come down stairs and watch a movie with your family then you can stay in your room for the night."

"Ughh I hate you" I went back up the stairs and slammed the door closed behind me. Why do parents have to be so fucking annoying. I'm just trying to hang out with some friends; I wanna live my life for once. My phone began buzzing on my night stand; I grabbed it looking down at the caller ID.

"Hey" I said bringing the phone to my ear.

"Lauren I'm parked on the side of your house. Are you ready to go?" Georgia said. Crap I forgot to text her that I couldn't go out tonight. I looked out the window and back to the door.

"Yeah just give me a minute." I mean my mom won't know if I slip out for a little; she's watching a movie. I opened up the window in my room which lead to the backyard; I was on the second floor. I grabbed my chair for my desk and wheeled it over so I could reach the window ledge. The giant tree right outside my window was the best thing in my life right now. I placed one foot on the branch and the other was on the window ledge. I climbed down the tree and went through the back gate to the side of my house. I crouched down and ran across the law and jumped into Georgia's car.

"What the hell are you doing?" She said when I finally got in the car.

"My mom told me I couldn't go, so I just went out the window."

"No not Miss Goodietooshoes."

"Funny." I said giving her the death stare. "I'm not Miss Goodietooshoes."

"Are you kidding you never.."

"Shut up" I said cutting her off. "Just drive."

"Whatever you say." It took us about ten minutes to get to the party. We arrived at Nate's house; he's a senior on the basketball team. We've gotten pretty close this year and I mean it was gonna be the party everyone was gonna talk about after Christmas break. We parked the car a few houses back since there was literally no parking near his house. Georgia and I headed towards the blaring music.

"Hey guys" Nate said as we walked in the back gate. There was hot chocolate on the table next to a bunch of cases of beer. There was christmas decorations all over; Christmas was in a few days. It was a time too be with your families and here I was at a party; when I just told my mom I hated her. I'll just stay for a little then head home and apologize.

"Nate love the Santa costume." I said giving him a hug.

"Thanks Laur. Santa is granting everyone's wishes tonight." He said with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes at him and walked towards the table of drinks.

"Didn't think you'd be here." A voice said next to me. I turned my head it was Hunter.

"And why is that?"

"Well usually this time of year you're with your family, or helping around the neighborhood."

"How would you know all of that?"

"Let's just say I'm a very observant person."

"Okay and let's just say I'm changing things up a little this year."

"Are you now?" He handed me a beer off the table.

"Yeah. It's my new year's resolution." I said smiling at him. Just stay calm. Breathe Lauren.

"Well then I guess I should make one too then." He was about to say something else when Jackson walked over to the table.

"Hey guys."

"What's up man?" Hunter said giving him a bro hug.

"Did you see that girl who just walked in?"

"The blonde?" Hunter said. I put the beer back down on the table and walked towards Nate.

"Did you decide what you wanted for Christmas this year?" Nate said trying to keep a straight face.

"You are something else Nate." I said laughing. All of sudden there was a huge sound that came from the front of the house. Everyone got quiet; there was smoke rising into the air. We all headed to see what had happened. There was a red car flipped over; it looked kinda familiar. I walked closer to the car.

"No." I whispered. On the back window there was a sticker that said 'South Carolina'. That was the sticker my mom had put on the car a few weeks ago after our vacation.

"Someone call 911!" I screamed. I ran towards the car; I ran towards my mom's car.

"Mom!" I screamed. There was no response. I crouched down there was blood and glass all over the street. I looked inside the car; there they were my mom, my dad, and Avery.

"Avery" I said covering my mouth. She looked at me; she seemed okay. I tried to see into the front of the car, but there was too much damage to be able to see my parents. I fell to the floor and sat there I couldn't feel anything.

"Miss please step back so we can do our job." The paramedic said to me.

"That's my family." I mumbled as I stood up and backed away from the car. I turned my head to the right and there was a car smashed into a tree with two teenage boys standing outside of it. Everyone was now in the front of the house, there was no music, there was no dancing, it was silent. The only sound was the paramedics communicating to one another trying to save my family. I had no tears, I felt numb, everything was spinning. I fell down into the street. All eyes were on me; waiting to see what I was going to do next. I stayed silent.

It's like I said before things are changing this year. 

------

Wow.. So what did y'all think of that flashback?? 

I really loved writing this chapter. We are starting to get deeper and deeper into who Lauren is and what her story is.. 

Let me know what you guys think! I'd love to hear feedback from you guys. 

VOTE AND COMMENT LOVES!!!

xxxx