Date

Mabel's P.O.V.

I waited patiently at the restaugant for Gideon to come. I was thinking maybe he didn't want to go on a date with me abd was just being polite, maybe he realized our true plan. I felt anxious at the thought. Just then a familiar white haired boy walked to my table. "Hi!" I said with relief. "Hi, this place is so big I kinda got lost." He said sheepishly. I chuckled, "Come sit down." He sat down on the chair opposite to mine.

After a while we chatted about books and movies, we laughed about my strange brother and his upbeat bestfriend. He was kinda cute, wait what? "So, how did you and Pacifica meet?" I asked cutting and taking a bite out of my steak. "Well on the 3rd grade I moved schools and I got bullied on my new school." He said "Nobody would ever get near me because they think I'm weird and abnormal, until Pacifica stood up to the guys who were bullying me by punching him jn the face." I was impressed "Wow, so Pacifica can fight?" "Yeah, she may not look like it but she's really really strong." He continued "After that she kinda followed me around and we became friends ever since." "Aww that's cute." I said trough gritted teeth. "So your brother is a quiet one isn't he?" He asked. "He wasn't like this until-" I stopped. "Until?" Gideon asked. I couldn't tell him about the journals! "Um- wow! Have you tried the steak?!" I said trying to change the topic, Gideon was about to say something but I quickly stuffed steak in his mouth before he could. "Is it good?" I asked him. He nodded, "This place is so fancy, Pacifica would've loved it." He said "I mean, this water has bubbles in it."

After we finished eating I kinda didn't want this moment to end, Gideon is such a nice guy! Compared to the guys I've met. "This date was a success." I said "Do you want to meet this Sunday night and go on a boat ride with me?" I asked hopefully. "WHAT?! I uh.. I thought this was the only one?" He said. "Please?" I did the eye thing no boy could resist, and it helped that everyone was watching us. "Well... Just one more couldn't hurt." He said. "Yay! Gideon you just made me the happiest girl alive!"

At home My brother questioned me "Well? Did you get any information on 'Him'?" "Uh.. Not yet, but I will." I ran up to my room. I totally forgot about our mission! I was having so much fun, I might actually like Gideon, a little bit...

Gideon's P.O.V.

"What have I gotten myself into?!" I walked around anxiously. "Um? Another chance to go on a date?" Pacifica said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "You don understand Pacifica! She's nice and all but I don't like her that way!" I said "And I don't want to hurt her feelings!" "Chill out Giddy! Look, she promised this is the last date right? After Sunday night everything will be over!" Said Pacifica. "You're right, last date and everything will be over." I calmed down.