Rescue

Pacifica's P.O.V.

I dodged the assortment of objects Mabel sent flying after me. As I dodged a Dipper figurine Mabel grunted. "Stop running!" She yelled. "Um, yeah.." I said "How about, no?" She growled and cast a spell that prevented me from moving and lifted me into the air. "You think you're so clever don't you, Southeast?" She sneered. "Well guess what-" she moved a scissor closer closer to me "-I win." She cackled maniacally.

Just then the door burst open revealing a worried looking Gideon. "G-Giddykins!" Mabel exclaimed. "W-what are you doing here?" "Mabel, I'm sorry." He sighed. "But I can't date you anymore, it's only right if I tell you that myself."

Mabel's grip on the amulet tightened and I began to choke. "Gid." I gasped. "A little help here." "But we can still be friends right?" Gideon said and Mabel smiled weakly. "Really?"

"HECK NO!"

Gideon snatched Mabel's amulet and I was free. He threw it and I caught it in my hand. "Ha!" I exclaimed. "What're you gonna do now you little- whoa!" Mabel had lunged towards me, causing the both us to fall out the window. "Pacifica!" I heared Gideon yell.

"My amulet!" She shouted as it fell from my grasp. We screamed at the top of our lungs as we braced for impact.

But it never came. The both of us were floating slowly till out feet reached the ground.

Gideon appeared from the bushes looking paler than ever. "Pacifica!" He rushed over to me. "Are you hurt?" "Yep, I'm okay." I said. Gideon walked past me and faced a furious looking Mabel. "I'm sorry Mabel but it's over." He turned to me and we both headed back to Mystery Shack feeling beat and exhausted.

Dipper's P.O.V.

I emerged from the bushes behind my sister. "What are you doing here?" Mabel asks angrily, not facing me. "Gee where's my thank you?" I said monotonously. "I did save you after all." "I DIDN'T NEED SAVING!" She shouted.

"Mabel, you were about to murder someone."

"IT'S HER FAULT!"

"It really isn't."

"YOU'RE DEFENDING HER AGAIN?!" Mabel yelled furiously, finally facing me. "I'm not." I retorted. "It's just that she could've died, Mabel." "SO?" She questioned. "WHY DO YOU CARE?"

I opened my mouth to reply but then I thought, why do I care?

"Look, Mabel." I sighed and held a hand out to Mabel. "Let's just go home, alright? We can play 'stab Pines and Southeast' with your vodoo dolls or something." She sniffed and wiped her tears. "Okay." She answered quietly.