My Roleplay Applications: Hazel Blackburn©

Site: http://wolfsbaneandverbain.proboards.com/

Character Name: Hazel

Species: Witch

Personality: Hazel is an independent young woman, who sets her mind on something and gets it done. She is very caring and protective of her family, and any friends she makes along the way through the marvelous adventure she calls life. She doesn’t fear much, except, of course, Marcel. Marcel chased her out of New Orleans. She doesn’t know where her family is, her mother, her sister. She fears the vampire, but also wants revenge. Revenge for making her leave, Revenge for making her hide. She will stop at nothing to keep her family and friends safe, even if that means coming face to face with death on a daily basis. She is also powerful. After dabbling in expression back in New Orleans, she knows how much power she can tap into without going over the edge, as Bonnie has. Being who she is, she plans to use this to her advantage.

History: Hazel grew up into a family of witches. She learned of her gift at a younger age than most witches do, and began studying it with her family before her powers began to take effect. Hazel is a daring girl, and has been her whole life. When she was young she stuck up to bigger kids, bullies, she has always had a sense of self-righteousness, a sense of power. When she was in junior high, a rift came between her and her friends when they began to notice changes in her. She also dug a rift into herself, the battle of right and wrong. Marcel, the vampire ruler of New Orleans had demanded that no magic was to be practiced. Hazel went against these warning and searched out other like her, daring children that went against the law. She got herself thrown deeper into the magic and by high school she had begun her plummet downwards. Her powers finally emerged from within, and this sparked a new sense of revolution she had never experienced before. She began doing darker magic. During her eleventh grade year, a warlock, well known amongst her and her rebellious group of friends approached her offering her more magic than she even thought possible. He introduced her to the act of expression, the power being almost too much for her to handle. Alas, Hazel, being the strong young lady she is, overcame the darkness and learned her boundaries. In the months after than Marcel’s assistants learned of the group and began to gather them up one by one and kill them in public, for people to witness. The fear Hazel developed was like nothing she had ever felt, it struck her, right at home when the vampires burst through her door one Wednesday evening and grabbed her father, who had been caught using his powers against a vampire the night before. He escaped, but not for long. Hazel went out, against her mother’s commands and witnessed it, her father being killed. They took him to the middle of a huge group of vampires with Marcel at command. When her father denied using his powers on the vampire Marcel let his anger overtake him, and killed him on the spot. To this day Hazel can still hear the snap of his neck ring through the air. Hazel continued practicing, with the few group members she had left, going deeper and deeper into the expression. One of Marcel’s assistants found them, the seven of them that were left. He grabbed the leader and two of the other guys, taking them with him. Hazel escaped her fate by running away from her home, leaving her life behind. She found herself standing at the county line of a town called Mystic Falls, she had heard word of a powerful witch named Bonnie Bennett who had dug herself too far into the expression, and she decided it was time to pay this town a visit.

RP Sample: Hazel walked down the dark alley, night had fallen and she was worried about the dangers of the creatures that go bump in the night. She continued down the alley, her heart jumping at every squeak or scrape on the concrete. She was only a couple blocks from her house, but a lot could happen in a couple blocks. She turned a corner and came face to face with James, a warlock who had taught her a lot over the years. She gave him a warm smile and whispered quietly, “What are you doing out, you know bad things happen in alleyways at night.” She flashed him a playful grin as he began stepping closer. She looked into his eyes, noticing the color change as the veins began to bulge under his eyes. She stepped back, screaming as she did. She turned to run but was cut off as he used his new speed to step in front of her. “J-James, please don’t.” she said her voice shaky as he reached his hand out to touch her face. She stepped back her eyes watering. “I don’t want to hurt you.” She said and turned to run only to be stopped again. “Well sweet pea that won’t be a problem now will it?” he said baring his fangs at her. The name hit her hard, Sweet pea; it was what he began calling her when she first found the group. She stood her ground, her strength evident in her stance. “I said I didn’t want to, but I can,” she said wiping her eyes to get a better view at the monstrosity that stood before her, “After all I learned from the best.” She began concentrating on the spell that gave a vampire small aneurisms, tapping into the expression to strengthen it. She knew he was a new vampire and wouldn’t be able to hold out as much as other would. He crumpled to the ground, causing her to let out a pained sob as she watched the blood ooze from her ears; she knew she was killing him. “I’m sorry, but I can’t let you become the thing we have hated all our lives.” He said watching as he couched up blood, before crumpling into a pile beside her. He looked around, locating a small chair beside a nearby dumpster. She walked over to it breaking a leg off, before returning to the unconscious vampire a few feet away. She walked over to him, closer her eyes and letting her tears flow as she drove the wooden leg through his heart. She watched as his skinned turned a gray color and veins traveled up his face and neck. She removed the leg and stuck it into her bag, adding another name to the list of people she had lost because of Marcel. She ran off down the alley, returning to her home in one piece.

Face-Claim: Lucy Hale