Why does everyone keep saying that

I do not own descendants blah blah blah all rights go to Disney blah blah blah

Hailey walked onto the turney field and spotted Carlos and Ben standing by the tracks. Since Carlos did horribly at the turney practice, Ben volunteered to coach him to make him better. She approached Ben as Carlos kneeled to the ground, tying his shoe. Ben smiled at the red haired girl before looking at his stop watch, "Okay, Carlos, we're going to start with some sprints."

Carlos finished tying his shoe and glanced up at his mentor. His eyes landed on Hailey and he suddenly got nervous. What if he messed up and made a fool of himself in front of her? He didn't understand why he cared so much about what she thought of him. Hailey smiled at the Carlos and his worried faded away.

Ben clicked a button on his stop watch and Carlos started sprinting their way, gaining speed when a dog started to chase after him.

"Oh no." Hailey muttered as she watched Carlos run past them. Hailey immediately chased after him, "Ben, c'mon!"

So much for not making a fool of himself.

"Carlos!" Hailey called out. When they started to through the trail that led into the woods.

"Hailey!" She heard him call out to her. She ran in the direction of the voice to find Carlos in a tree and the dog jumping up at him, "Guys help me! This thing is a killer! He's going to chase me down and rip out my throat! This is a viscous, rapid pack animal."

"Who told you that?" Ben asked in amusement.

"My mother."

"Cruella?"

"She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer."

Hailey almost wanted to laugh at her friend, but she didn't because she knew it would hurt his feelings. Instead, she bent down and picked up the brown dog and held him close.

"Hails don't!" Carlos exclaimed.

"Carlos he's not going to hurt you." Hailey told him softly, "You've never even met a dog, how do you know they're evil?"

"This is our campus mutt, Dude." Ben told the frightened boy.

"He doesn't look like a viscous rapid pack animal." Carlos said untangling himself from the tree.

"He's not." Hailey assured. Carlos jumped down from the tree and cautiously walked over to the red head. She grabbed his hand and set it on top of the mutt.

Ben smiled at the two of them and his smile only widened when he saw Carlos' face break out into a smile when he glanced at Hailey's smiling face.

She handed the brown dog over to Carlos and grinned at the two of them,"Okay, well, we're going to go. I've got homework to do, so Ben and I are going to give you guys some space to get to know each other."