you and me

“Looking back on yesterday, I thought I gave it everything, but there’s still so much road ahead of me

Looking back on yesterday, I thought I gave it everything, but there’s still so much road ahead of me.” Ben sang. He and Mal stood in front of their classmates and teachers. The ceremony had finally begun, and it was time to welcome the king and his future queen.

Mal smiled up at her boyfriend. She was finally happy for once, and she hoped nothing would change it. Hailey stood in front of Carlos, her hand wrapped around his tightly.  “When I looked into your eyes I guess I didn’t recognize who we are and all that we can be.”

They all moved around the deck, getting in their positions. Hailey and Carlos were to the right of the royal couple, their hands still intertwined. “Sometimes it’s hard to find yourself, but it’s worth it in the end. “

As the couple continued to sing, each row turned around to face them before bowing in glory. “Cause in your heart is where it all begins.”

We gotta be bold. We gotta be brave. We gotta be free.” Everyone joined in on the chorus, dancing around the royal couple and splashing the water everywhere. Hailey and Mal spun each other around before going separate ways. “We gotta get loud. Making that chance, you gotta believe.”

Hailey grabbed Carlos’ hand once more, following the line as they danced side by side. “We’ll look deep inside and we’ll rise up and shine.”

We can be bold.” Carlos Spun Hailey around before bringing her into his arms and letting her get back in her spot. “We can be brave. Let everyone see. It starts with you and me!”

Hailey let her boyfriend spin her around before disappearing, meeting up with Evie by the rail. The blue haired girl tossed her arm around his shoulder as they sang together. “There’s something special that I learned. It’s together we can change the world. Everybody’s got something they can bring.”

Hailey bounced over to her friends, the smile never leaving her face. She was followed by Jay, who stopped on the other side of her. She grabbed his arm before laying her head on his shoulder as they took their turn to sing. “When you take a look inside yourself, do you wish that you were something else? But who you are is who you need to be.”

Mal pulled Evie and Hailey away from the boys, bringing them to the middle of the dance floor as the three of them harmonized. “Sometimes it’s hard to find yourself, but it’s worth it in the end. Cause in your heart is where it all begins.” They formed a circle with their partners before jumping to the beat.

We gotta be bold.” They all sang together as they spun their giant circle around, continuing to splash the water around. “We gotta be brave. We gotta be free.”

They released their hands, but continued to move in the circle, doing their own moves. “We gotta get loud in making that change. You gotta believe.”