slowly fading

A strike of lightning brought Hailey back to herself, breaking the spell that kept all of them from moving. She looked around at her friends before following Ben through the woods.

Somehow, Mal had done it. She had defeated Audrey.

She reached for Carlos' hand as they neared the school, him squeezing her hand in reassurance.

They weren't prepared to see Audrey unconscious on the hard ground Uma, Harry and Mal loomed over her, trying to get her to wake up, but nothing was working. She was no longer in her dark clothing, but in her regular soft pink instead.

Mal glanced behind her, Hailey noticing she was no longer purple headed, but she had a dark blue color slowing adding to it. "I hit her with the ember, and now she's not waking up."

"We should get her to her room." Hailey suggested. Mal nodded before backing away from the girl. Ben picked the girl up softly before leading them to the dorm rooms. None of them questioned how she had done it, and none of them asked how she had gotten the ember to reignite. The only thing on their minds was making sure Audrey didn't die.

Once they were in the room, Ben set her down on the soft bed. Evie and Mal sat on each side of her as the others spread out across the room. Hailey and Carlos took a seat on the two chairs by the small table, their hands never leaving one another.

"She's slipping." Evie was the one to break the silence. They all knew she was slowly dying, for Mal didn't have complete control over the ember. She was only half Hades after all.

"Theres only one person in the world that would be able to do something about this and that's Hades." Mal told them all, earning confused glances from everyone in the room besides Hailey, Evie and Celia. They were the only ones that knew the truth.

Ben shook his head, denying the idea. "Hades? He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it."

"Actually, he might do it for me." Mal retaliated softly. Hailey's eyes widened. Tonight was the night Mal would tell everyone the truth it seemed. She was no longer keeping secrets. "He's my father."

The room went silent at the information that they were just given. Carlos turned to Hailey, silently asking if she had any idea of their friends paternal information. The red head could only give him a sheepish smile as an answer.

"We'll have to send guards to get him,"

"Maybe I can hitch a ride." Uma crossed her arms, rolling her eyes at the looks she was given. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

Hailey stood up, following after Carlos to the end of the bed. Harry moved from his position beside the wall to set his hands on Uma's shoulders. "Well then, you'll need your first mate."

"They'll be in good hands then." Hailey told them with a smile. She would miss her green haired friend dearly, but there was nothing she could do to stop them. It was their decision.

Yasmine and Celia stepped forward, the scientist speaking for both of them. "Can we go too?"

"Yas, I thought you liked it here." Hailey said with furrowed eyebrows.

The young girl nodded with sad eyes. "I do, but it's not really worth it if I can't see my mom again."

"I wish we could be in both places at once." Celia added on, the two of them clasping their hands together. It was sad to know that the two of them would go back to the isle, leaving them exposed to the dangers it held.

Mal stood up, sending Uma a sad smile. "I really think Hailey and Evie were right. I think we could of been friends, and I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserve so much better than that."

"You were just trying to do the right thing." Jay reminded her. They were no longer upset with their friend, for it wasn't her fault she was just trying to protect everyone.

She was going to be the queen of Auradon, so her priorities had to be the people of the country first, even if it meant she had to ignore the ones that really needed her.

-

"Be careful, okay?"

Yasmine rolled her eyes before wrapping her arms around the red head's waist. Hailey smiled before hugging her back, releasing when the guards informed them it was time to go.

"I'll miss you Hailey." Uma told the girl as they shared a hug as well. Harry ruffled the red heads hair as they pulled apart, making her smack him on the arm gently. It had taken a couple of hours, but they had rounded up enough guards and they were about to leave for the Isle to retrieve Hades, meaning this was her last chance to say goodbye to her friends.

She held her composure as they walked away, but once the limo was our of their view, she turned around, burring her head into Carlos' shoulder. "I wish it didn't have to be this way."

The white haired boy wrapped his arms around his girlfriend tighter, trying to comfort her as best as she could. "Me too."

"We'll never get to see our parents again." She said sadly. Their parents were never the best at being kind to the kids, but they still loved them. They were only doing what they thought was best living in a place as dangerous as the Isle.

Carlos sighed, rubbing his hand up and down her arm. "Maybe they'll change their minds."

Hailey leaned in closer to her boyfriends chest, ignoring the lump in her throat. She wanted to break down what kept them all apart permanently, but it wasn't her decision to make.

The only thing she could do was go along with it, whether she liked it or not.