talk to him

"Why don't you just talk to him?"

Hailey shrugged her shoulders, not fully answering Ally's question. She spared a glance over at Carlos, who was sitting a few tables over with dude at his feet.

She knew it was Tylers fault,  but she couldn't help but feeling guilty about it. She could have stopped him before he did it, but she couldn't tell what he was doing. She grew up in a place where love was hidden behind a barrier, she was still new to everything Auradon had to offer. How was she supposed to tell that Tyler was flirting with her?

"I don't know." She was lying. She did know why she wouldn't talk to him. She was scared, but Hailey Harrt never admits that she's scared so she lies.

"You ignoring him is probably making him feel like you already broke up with him, so what could go wrong?"

Instead of replying, Hailey stood up and began to walk away, but Carlos' eyes caught her own. His face brightened, hoping she would finally talk to him, but it quickly fell when she turned away from him, something she rarely ever did.

She didn't want to sit there and listen to Ally's pestering about her wrongdoing, and talking to Carlos was out of the question, but luckily she knew how to get the thoughts out of her head.

-

Hailey lied on Evie's bed, her red hair flowing down the mattress all around her. Evie was in charge of designing Mal's dress. Hailey didn't like it at all. The dress itself was gorgeous and it screamed Araudon, but it didn't scream Mal. She looked like someone that was being forced to go to a dance.

Evie pulled the corset tighter, making Mal gaso for a breath. "Okay, Evie I can not breath."

"Well." Evie stepped from beside her, inspecting the part of the dress under her arm. "You can breath after Catillion."

Hailey was excited for the Catillion, mainly ready for it to over, but ready nonetheless. She wanted nothing more than to dance under the stars with the boy she adored, but she wasn't exactly talking to him which led her to the question; should she even go?