Chapter 4

(Paris in media.)

Chandria's POV:

The first thing that registered was my pounding headache. I groaned and rolled over to be met with a bare chest. Confused, I tried to open my eyes. Bad idea... I winced and shut them back quickly. I draped an arm over my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I tried again. I was more successful this time. I still had to squint, but I was slowly able to fully open them. Everything was kind of blurry at first but slowly grew into focus. I held back a gasp as the blurry chest came into focus too. The chest belonged to the one and only, Zane Reeds. My eyes widened as I looked down and found myself naked.

No freaking way...

"No, no, no, no, no, no," I muttered to myself as I scrambled out of the bed. I was sore but I tried to find my discarded clothes anyway. Where were Aria and Cassie? How could this happen? I found my romper and quickly pulled it back on. I put my shoes on and went to look for my phone. It was in my romper the night before and now I couldn't find it. I thoroughly searched through the room and eventually found it in the crevasse of a nearby couch. In fact, there was practically a full blown living area in this bedroom. I stopped and looked around... really looked around. There were pictures of Zane hanging on the walls as well as posters everywhere. That could only mean...

"What the hell?" his husky voice said from behind me. I wanted to scream and cry and hide all at the same time. Instead, I turned and glared at him.

"Screw you, asshole!" I yelled at him. He winced and groaned.

"Ouch... hangover volume is not to exceed normal talking," he said as he sat up. "And I believe you already have... screwed me, that is," he joked with a smirk. I felt my throat tighten as my eyes burned.

"I was drunk! I'm sure you knew that when you brought me here and I... I don't remember-" I stopped my frantic rant as I started shaking. The water in my eyes spilled over as I turned away from him.

"Wait are you crying?" he asked as he came closer. He touched my shoulder but I jerked away from him. "Look, I honestly thought you were down. You were practically hanging all over me last night," he said. I sniffled and wiped my tears away quickly. I pulled out my phone and tried to turn it on; only it was dead.

"Perfect," I muttered as I stuffed my phone back in my pocket.

"Look, I don't know why you're so upset, It's not like it was... wait, was that your first time? Were you a virgin before..." he asked. I glared at him.

"Go to hell," I snapped at him. He ran his hands over his face and through his hair  before he stood and pulled his boxers on. He was quiet as he got dressed. I tried to steady my breathing. I finally calmed down enough to notice him grabbing his phone. "What are you doing?" I asked cautiously. He handed me the phone.

"Call whoever you need to," he said before he left the room. I stared after him for a moment before I dialed Aria.

"Hello?" she answered sleepily after a few rings. I almost broke down right there.

"Aria, thank God," I sighed.

"Dria? Where the hell did you go last night? Where are you?" she yelled.

"I could ask you the same thing, but we'll talk about that later. Right now, I need you to send your address to this number," I said quickly.

"Okay," she said slowly. I thanked her before I hung up. I went to look up a cab service but the phone was locked. I groaned and threw my head back in frustration before I went to find Zane. I wandered through the hallways and down the stairs. I finally found him sitting on the on the couch, flipping through channels. He looked up when he saw me.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Can you unlock your phone so I can look up a cab," I asked timidly. I looked everywhere but him. He took the phone and put the phone in his pocket.

"I'll take you. What's the address?" he asked. I felt my cheeks heat as I remembered that I didn't look at Aria's text earlier.

"My friend sent it to your phone," I said, embarrassed. This whole situation was embarrassing. "I can just call a cab," I said quickly as he looked through his phone. He shrugged.

"This is literally down the street a bit. I'm taking you," he said. He grabbed his keys and headed to what I assumed was the garage. I couldn't call a cab if he wouldn't give me his phone, and even then, he had the address. I released a breath before I followed him. We got in his smooth black sports car and he backed down the driveway. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked out the window as we drove in silence. Zane was right, it was a very short drive. As soon as he parked, I was reaching for the handle.

"Wait," he asked. I paused and turned to look at him. He ran his hand through his hair before he looked at me again. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean for... this was never supposed to... I'm sorry about what happened. I didn't realize you were that drunk. I didn't mean to take advantage of you," he said. It honestly sounded like a sincere apology; that, plus, he looked worried. I sighed and let go of the door handle.

"I know that I'm at fault, too. I shouldn't have drank so much. I guess I was just relieved to finally... it doesn't matter now. What's done is done and now  it's in the past. We can just... pretend like it never happened," I said. This time, I pushed the door open fully and got out. I turned to the house, ready to leave Zane and last night behind me.

"Dria!" Zane called after me. He was leaning so I could see him out the passenger window. I looked back and watched him hesitate before he just said, "no more heavy drinking, okay? It could've bene a lot worse than me."

I turned quickly and rushed to the front door. I knocked frantically and waited. Finally, a very sleepy Aria opened the door. I turned to see Zane was still there. Aria squinted at the car.

"Hey, that car looks familiar," Aria said. Nervously, I pushed us both inside and closed the door.

"That's just an Uber driver I found. No big deal," I let out in a rush. I released a breath and closed my eyes.

"What the hell happened last night?" Aria asked. I sighed and took off my wedges.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," I muttered as I made my way to her kitchen. Aria followed.

"Oh no, did you blackout?" Aria asked. I nodded as I grabbed a glass of water.

"I woke up with no recollection of anything after we started the shots contest," I said. Aria handed me some Aspirin.

"Jesus, Dria, are you okay? Did anything happen? Where did you wake up this morning? Did you end up staying at the house or did you end up at someone else's house? Did someone take advantage of you?" Aria asked as she sat at the bar. I took the pills and downed the water.

"I'm fine, seriously. Can we just forget it, please?" I asked as I sat next to her. She was quiet for a moment before she nodded.

"Only if you promise that you're okay," she said. I nodded.

"I am," I lied.